1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A4 Avant dashboard warning lights - HELP!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by vipergrm, Jul 20, 2009.

1. vipergrm

vipergrm New Member

[Jul 20, 2009]
    Hi guys,
    New to the forum. Just got an Audi A4 Avant TDI Sport last week (2002). Love the car however, on my second journey some warning lights came on. There is an explanation mark with an arrow curled around it, an ABS light and a flashing glow plug icon. I have attached a screenshot of the problem. A friend reckons it could be a problem with the brake switch. I noticed that the abs light only comes on after I press in the brake pedal soon after starting the car. I'm a bit disappointed this has happened as the seller did not mention this. Of course, the lights weren't on it when I bought it so I suppose there's no way he could have known. Any ides what's wrong? Thanks all!

http://cid-fec729b9ea7f6f88.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Photo008.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. Niknak

Niknak Member

[Jul 20, 2009]
    Looks like your brake switch has failed, they are about £8 from Audi IIRC mine went a few months back.
  4. vipergrm

vipergrm New Member

[Jul 20, 2009]
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for that Niknak! It would appear that you are absolutely right because the brake lights don't work. Is this easy to change? Thanks
  5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 20, 2009]
    There is a PDF document to download HERE which will tell you how ;)
  6. vipergrm

vipergrm New Member

[Jul 21, 2009]
    Terrific! Thanks guys. I'll have a go at this tomorrow (and probably make a balls of it no doubt!)
  7. vipergrm

vipergrm New Member

[Jul 21, 2009]
    Ok, just a quick update. I successfully changed over the brake switch and all the warning lights have now gone. Happy days! Thank you very much. The link to the guide that quattrojames posted was superb, although I did have a little trouble actually locating the switch initially. I'm well please.

By the way Niknak, I got the switch from Audi for £8.15. Thank you for letting me know!