1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi a4 avant chrome trming

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by amar06fbr, Feb 3, 2011.

1. amar06fbr

amar06fbr Vorsprung Durch Technik

my friend has a a4 (b6) avant.. and he is looking for some chrome trimming that goes around the windows.. is it easy to remove this from another car? there is a a4 breaking on ebay and that lad goes you will have to take it off yourself.. just want to kno is it easy and how to?

thanks guys..
  2. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep

its not easy
    the doors need stripping to get the crome from them frame out etc
    and if your not very careful the long pieces bend
  3. 19scotty81

19scotty81 Push down and across !!!!!!!!!

No is the short answer, like Bez says frames out then rivets to drill, side rails are riveted on then clipped behind quarter glass', couple of hours work !!
  4. amar06fbr

hhmm am not really bothered about how long it would take as long as i get a good fit on them... side rails are riveted? doest that means i need to take out the back glass out and then i would be able to get the hole main peace off? sorry am abit confused because someone else told me it comes strght off with abit of force to pull.. and have you done this before?

thanks
  5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. amar06fbr

thanks alot bois for the advice.. just last question.. how do i go with taking the main chrome trimming off? (is the last picture is rear window strip with the rivets or is that the doors?) has it got rivets goin around the top aswell or are there just cliped in to the front mirrors? and what is the best way to get access to the rivets? cheers bois means alot.. its just that am traveling 95 miles to Newcastle for it ..

p.s mail me a offer on a standard front lower valance.. my mates doing a sline conversion soon.. well when he find some foglight grills for the sline bumper..
  7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

After a bit more digging, tucked away in Elsawin I found the following which are for removing the chrome trim at the top of the doors, and for the underneath of the rear side window in the Avant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]