1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A4 Avant Black Edition 2.0TFSI Quattro S-Tronic Production Delays

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Geordie Lee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Geordie Lee

Geordie Lee New Member

[Oct 31, 2012]
    Hi, I am a newbie and I ordered a A4 Avant Black Edition 2.0TFSI Quattro S-Tronic with Tech Pack High, folding mirrors, powertailgate, storage pack and interior light pack, electric seats and Fine nappa leather in September 2012. I was ordinally told a build date of November 2012 with delivery in early December 2012. However, the dealer now as indicated that the earliest build date is April 2013! I am happy to wait (given that I will have a new number plate), but a build time of nearly 7 months seems rather long. They dealer has indicated that there is a shortage of Quattro engines and S-tronic gearboxes. I was wondering if anyone else is having a similair problem.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 17, 2014]

3. longp2

longp2 Member

[Oct 31, 2012]
    I ordered my S4 at the beginning of December 2011 and It was delivered on May 1st so 6 to 7 months seems normal. It'll be worth the wait!
  4. Soot1e

Soot1e Member

[Oct 31, 2012]
    The problem is across the entire range of Black Edition vehicles. I ordered an A4 Avant TDI on 28 Oct and initially told week18 for earliest build. Now order in system build date is provisionally week 13 (last week March)
  5. Dunders

Dunders New Member

[Oct 31, 2012]
    I ordered (through my work's lease company) an BE 143 Avant on 5 May and just got confirmation today that I will finally get it next thurs (8th) which is a 6 month wait. This is for a completly standard car bar metallic paint, which is ridiculous if you ask me. Previously had a 3 Litre Diesel A5 S line with a load of extra's (personal car) and that only took 3 months to arrive. Really think Audi need to sort this as they must lose lost of sales as a result of delays in delivery.
  6. hardcore Hallam

hardcore Hallam Member

[Oct 31, 2012]
    Ordered my BE S4 on 21st July, build starts this Monday.
    My previous Audis have taken 3 months from order to delivery.
  7. Geordie Lee

Geordie Lee New Member

[Oct 31, 2012]
    All, many thanks for the replies. The dealer never mentioned that the delays were due to BE spec, rather gearboxes and specific engines. So which is it?
  8. longp2

longp2 Member

[Oct 31, 2012]
    Audi uk initially told me that the gearbox was the issue, then the wheels and finally it was due to allocation I just gave up asking in the end and waited!
  9. Geordie Lee

Geordie Lee New Member

[Oct 31, 2012]
    Hopefully will get an update before Christmas. Currently driving an m-tronic diesel (177hp) a4 avant (62 plate) and have to say I am so looking forward to getting my car. I find the m-tronic strange to drive (prefer s-tronic) and the diesel so under powered. However I am getting great mpg, but cannot wait to get my 2.0tfsi!
  10. Hesl

Hesl Member

[Nov 1, 2012]
    My BE 177 Quattro took 2.5 months to make its way to the dealer, it's being delivered today :)
  11. Hesl

Hesl Member

[Nov 1, 2012]
    Maybe it's the auto boxes, mines a manual!
  12. Geordie Lee

Geordie Lee New Member

[Nov 1, 2012]
    Thanks Heal
  13. Geordie Lee

Geordie Lee New Member

[Feb 5, 2013]
    Received an email today informing me that my car is in production and is about to go into quality checking. Delivery is scheduled in March, 4 weeks earlier than orginally scheduled, but waited just over 6 months. The car will have a 13 number plate, so hope it isn't unlucky!

Anyone else having such a delay with more recently order cars
  14. innercry

innercry innercry

[Feb 18, 2013]
    The missus ordered an A3 Black Edition back in January 2011 and took delivery in Jan 2012! A full year of waiting, apparently due to a lack of S-Tronic gear boxes...

I ordered my A4 at the very end of september and took delivery just before xmas, but was initially told february for delivery, so was much quicker than expected.