Audi A4 Avant 2.0tfsi / 2.0 tdi

Outkast

Reaction score
Hi , after being paid out for my audi s3 8v , I am looking for a temporary car for work purposes . my budget is around £8000

I was very keen on the 2.0 tfsi special edition however I have been a bit put off by the bad suspension reviews. As much as I loved my s3 , I wasn't a fan of the suspension.

I am wanting a sline or special edition

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...e=wf170be&price-to=9000&sort=sponsored&page=1

THIS ONE IS A REALLY LOW MILEAGE . AM CONSIDERING IN SELLING IN 3-6 MONTHS TIME.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...at_cars&sort=sponsored&price-from=3000&page=2

what would you guys recommend based on ?

1) suspension

2) enjoyment

3) minimal maintenance cost

and help advice would be hugely appreciated

There is nothing wrong with s-line suspension as such , it s just very firm all the time, and that applies to any A4 B7 variant that has it fitted, different spring can help but its just s-line to be honest.
Wheel / tyre size can make it better or worse.
Best option is to fit better damper/springs if you don't like the s-line ride.

I don't think there is a " minimal maintenance cost " to be honest , depends on how much it gets used and which engine type you have petrol or diesel, and age/milage of the car.

Enjoyment , well I have a tfsi special edition and I love it, excellent piece of kit, goes like stink .......all above applied plus more but I still have it and it's a joy to drive.

I’m slightly biased but it’s another vote for the S line SE... Awesome car, as just Rob has mentioned the standard s line suspension is very firm. Plenty of options out there to improve it without spending a fortune. Maximum enjoyment without spending RS or S monies.

Reactions: Ash_mtb and Charlie Farley
Ok thanks I am probably going ahead with it.

what is this I hear about too much oil being consumed?

Ideally I am just hoping to get information from users on here .... just messaging initially before I join the gang.

Oil consumption, it goes with the territory really......all engines use oil, some lots some very little, tfsi's tend to be in the more bracket.

3.0 tdi.
More power than tsfi but better on fuel.
Not that I'm biased lol.

Sorry i should have titled thread " 3.0 tdi or 2.0 tfsi "

Im edging towards the 3.0 tdi

Though i like the look of the special edition tfsi but bein manual maybe a nono

two very different cars to drive really, not sure it is fair to compare a 3.0tdi with a 2.0tfsi special edition, even moreso a well sorted and mapped 2.0tfsi.

maybe you should be comparing it with a v6 petrol instead.