Audi A4 96' remote control locking.

andyer

Reaction score
I believe my batteries went in my remote control key ring, (its the older type with the single button in the middle to open/close the locks).
I replaced the four batteries inside, though this doesnt appear to have resolved the issue.

Is there anything I should be doing or looking out for to get my remote control central locking working again?

thanks in advance, andy

My 97 A4 didn't have remote locking (until I installed full closure alarm).
Was it an optional extra in those days?

[ QUOTE ]
My 97 A4 didn't have remote locking (until I installed full closure alarm).
Was it an optional extra in those days?

[/ QUOTE ]

On this note - Mine has remote Central locking and I guess an Immobilser.... So can I just check - I guess this has been retro fitted and is not a dealer / Audi alarm - or am I wrong....

The key fob is black, about 1 inch wide, 2 inch long and tapers in on one corner near the top (Haven't got a camera / phone near me). It has 2 buttons, 1 red (lock and unlock) and 1 grey (Panic buttom / alarm ).

Inside. there is a red single round diade that flashes and a red triangle that also flashes - this triangle is actually on (Hidden) within the Heated Windscreen or hazard (I Think) button.... anyone else got the same setup...... cos I wouldn't know where to go if these went wrong (No Names / Manufacturers stamp on the alarm fob ?

Andyer, have a go at re-programming your key by:
Locking the car with the key, then pressing the button
to unlock (which won't actually unlock it). Then use the key to unlock.

No it must be an aftermarket unit if it uses a second key fob/blipper. I had a Sigma CAT1 full closure fitted to mine and it triggers the immobiliser after 30 seconds of unlocking the car if the car isn't started. You then have to switch the ignition on and blip the blipper to start the car.

I'll try that action to see if it makes any difference. I have no idea if the central locking was an option extra on new, or whether the previous owner/s got it installed after. There is only one key, which is black, has one centralised button on one side and 'Audi' written on the other side. Its almost rectangle in shape though has rounded edges and tapers of a little on the side you would attach it to a keyring. I also have an immobiliser which requires a small grey key to inserted into an area below the key/cd holder to the right of the steering column.

[ QUOTE ]
No it must be an aftermarket unit if it uses a second key fob/blipper. I had a Sigma CAT1 full closure fitted to mine and it triggers the immobiliser after 30 seconds of unlocking the car if the car isn't started. You then have to switch the ignition on and blip the blipper to start the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Andy....... It's not usng a second key fob / blipper - it's the only blipper 'cos all I have other than this is a normal car key - no buttons, nothing....... If I try to unlock the car with the key after locking with blipper, alarm goes off......

Thanks again