Audi A4 3.0 Tdi Quattro Diesel Error Code Dpf

andy1acars

Reaction score
Hi I have tried to read up on this but cant fully answer. Bought a cab 3.0 tdi Quattro 300 miles away on Saturday, drove fine but on near home coil light came on followed by engine light. Got a cheap code reader today and error p2002 showed up, associated with dpf as this is a 56 plate. Got other numbers like load,map, iat maf etc and don't know if they help with diagnosis. So does a vagcom show up more detail, could this be a sensor as I cannot clear dpf as wont rev high and goes into limp mode. Thinking of a dpf and egr delete and remap, any suggestions and rough price please as I am now skint. The car had a 10k engine fitted last year at Audi, done 30k since but they say flaps and motors, timing chains and engine all replaced due to bearing failure so its a keeper, got a warranty but glow plugs and dpf are all wear items, any help would be appreciated thankyou.

I'd recommend you get it properly scanned using VCDS. Do you know if there's a VCDS-equipped forum member near you that you could ask to do this for you?

No I don't, if anybody could help I am in Greenwich London and would appreciate it, thanks.

Send a private message to Joedredd. I seem to recall he is in Bexleyheath (as indeed am I) and he has VCDS.

If it's a DPF issue I would just get it gutted and the car remapped. No more DPF issues, better fuel economy and more performance. You do need to find out what the issues are first before taking the next step by getting the fault codes read by VCDS.
With VCDS you can do forced regenerations as long as it isn't too blocked, However if certain sensors have failed it won't regen. What has the seller said, you didn't even get it home before it failed, too me it's obvious the car probably had a pre existing issue. it sounds like it's been through the wars already with a replacement engine.

Karl

Out of interest, are you certain it has a DPF? I ask because mine's a 57-reg (September 2007) and doesn't have a DPF. I don't know whether that's because they were phased in as optional extras over time or because someone just forgot to fit mine.

thanks jdp , not sure how to send pm's , is that the same as conversations? if so I have send message to joedredd. It must have a dpf as its showing a fault. I brought it in Lancashire and did 300 miles home in it and no lights were on and was flying so cant really take it back. I think it was an option from new to have a dpf but if you look at parkers tax site march to sept 06 a 3.0 is about £450 tax and mine is £280 ish so I suppose the dpf helps emissions and tax bracket, once I have confirmed its not a sensor I will get it mapped, dpf gutted, egr delete and manifold flap delete, been quoted £450 cash which sounds reasonable fo some peace of mind, just hoping joedredd can help. Thanks for the help so far guys, I do love the car.

Sorry, yes. On the old forum platform, we called them private messages, now they're conversations.

Ah I thought I was losing it, looks like I will get dpf delete etc done this Friday, cant wait. Thanks jdp.

Update. Codes showed up dpf blocked and could not force a regeneration and egr only 85% working. Now dpf is gutted, egr and flaps and dpf all mapped out and custom remap done. No error codes now and car pulls like a train, really picks up now with no flat spots and I am very happy with the final result.

Reactions: desertstorm and jdp1962
Glad to hear that it was the best thing to do. Sort the exhaust out and you can get it to make a real nice sound.
Have a look around on you tube "3.0 tdi exhaust"

Update. Codes showed up dpf blocked and could not force a regeneration and egr only 85% working. Now dpf is gutted, egr and flaps and dpf all mapped out and custom remap done. No error codes now and car pulls like a train, really picks up now with no flat spots and I am very happy with the final result.
Where did you have the work done, Andy?

desertstorm yes that is how my a6 3.0 was, nice sound, jdp I had the car done at dpf London, the guy works for himself, is very knowledgeable, I was a bit concerned when I turned up, but was very happy with the result, pm me if you want to know more but it would be unfair to discuss here, all worked out well and thanks for everyone's help.

Reactions: jdp1962