Audi A4 2009 drls retrofit

Beeblebrox

Reaction score
So I've managed to acquire a set of 2009 Audi A4 bi xenon sline lights with drls complete with all the ballasts and bulbs I was wondering what I will need to fit these to my 2007 a4 I know I need adaptors for the lights as mine are halogen and I know they need coding but I have no clue where to start could you please advise me.

Are these OEM mate? If so, then you will probably need a whole new car, lol!
If genuine A4 2009 lights, that will make them from a B8 model which as far as I know will not fit on the B7 because of being a different shape.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes they are oem but as far as I'm aware they have the same shape I think someone has done this conversion before again correct me if I'm wrong

Bit confused mate, you say they are oem but someone has done a conversion before.
Do you know what car they came off? If a B8, then the fitment is different and will not fit your B7.
Now if you bought these lights, that have been modified for your B7, then that is a different subject. But they won't be classed as OEM as Audi do not make them lights for the B7.

If you can clear up what you actually have, then I am sure there will be plenty others to help you mate.

i done this oem bi xenon conversion on my x5, i had to buy a retro fit loom that had a front ride height sensor and the correct loom to go from the headlights to the control modual in the passehger footwell, once everything had been installed i had to have the xenon option turned in the conttol modual turnt on.
job done.
i know a company that retro fits these for audi's
pm if you need the company

What i mean by someone has done a conversion before i have seen the origanl B8 lights fitted to a B7 all that was required was a loom adapter and coding as these came off a writen off 2009 A4 all rear damage so the lights are perfect.
i have taken my lights out before and the brackets looks identical and made a template of the new lights and they look like they will fit without any issues?

What i mean by someone has done a conversion before i have seen the origanl B8 lights fitted to a B7 all that was required was a loom adapter and coding as these came off a writen off 2009 A4 all rear damage so the lights are perfect.
i have taken my lights out before and the brackets looks identical and made a template of the new lights and they look like they will fit without any issues?
Post a picture up of these lights please. OEM b8 lights will NOT fit a b7 unless it has extensive front end work carried out. B7 lights are a completely different shape and size to the b8 ones, obviously if your handy with taking things apart the drl's may fit into your b7 unit but apart from that they are no good.

Agreed with vagcabby.

But I think I know the thread you was talking about, but if it is the one I am thinking, then that bloke stripped out the whole light and and fitted the drl's to his B7 ones. Will try and find that thread.
But do a search fella, I just have, and it seems the question has been asked many a times, and the answer all being, no!

As said, to stop everyone ******* in the wind as such, show us a pic of said lights to clear up what you've bought, also as advised, B8 will not fit B7.

If they're B7, as I advised on PM I can fit them for you.

View attachment 11056View attachment 11057 Ok guys these are the lights I gathered these wont fit by your previous posts seems a shame as they look the same size and the brackets all match but alas if I have to sell them I will but when picked hem up from my mate he told me he couldn't get the ballasts and led controls so I know only have the head lights them selves

Ok that's what I gathered my mate was doing me a favour when he rescued these I guess I might just sell them will decide later

I'd sell them unless you intend on changing your wings, bonnet and bumper to match ;)

& lock carrier, bonnet lock, rad pack, IC, etc etc, infact whole car lol.