1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A4 2004 iPod query

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Veero, May 22, 2012.

1. Veero

Veero Member

Right I've had a search but couldn't quite find the right info.

I have an 04 A4 Avant running the single DIN Concert head unit and the 6 CD changer in the glovebox. I would very much like to upgrade to some form of RNS system and some Bose speakers (the Bose setup in my S3 was definitely crisper and punchier than the bog setup I have now) but can't really justify the outlay just now. I used to have a 99 A4 and the iPod piggyback interface through the CD changer connection worked a treat since there was no changer in the boot on that one.

However my current HU sometimes won't eject CD's and needs some fiddling with a credit card to persuade it out. I would like to connect some form of iPod connection but am reluctant to disconnect the changer in the glovebox because of the aforementioned ejection issue with the main HU.

Are there any iPod connections are available that will allow me to connect an iPod with it in the govebox AND keep the changer working?

Thanks
    Veero
  2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I think Dension do one.
  3. slappy

slappy Member

That's correct, it's called the Dension CD changer retention kit CD changer retention kit - Dension
    It's only compatible with the Dension Gateway 100 and Gateway 300 so make sure that you purchase the right kit for your car.

[​IMG]
  4. Veero

Veero Member

Aha nice one. Knew I had asked in the right place cheers.

Hmm still going to be a costly process....
  5. bowen

bowen Member

Think mine is an xcarlink ipod connector but i have the 6 disc front loader.
  6. Stubie

Stubie Member

Mines a single din Bose , I'm using a xcarlink !
    Google it , I bought straight from the website even supply the keys to remove the stereo !
  7. Veero

Veero Member

Aha, yes the xcarlink one is cheaper and comes all in one as opposed to the Denison which you need a few bits to keep the changer.

Thanks for the heads up, worth a look into I reckon.