Audi A4 2.5 V6 TDI RS low on power

Walinen

Reaction score
Hi, my first post on this site and asking for help.
I fell in love with this A4 rs which went today to see it. Its 2002 2.5l tdi engine with a automatic 310 000 on clock.
Car looks really nice from outside, there ins't anything bad to say. Only thing is car feels too slow, i know its not a fast car but with 2.5l engine it should be faster. I have driven it twice and "D" feels as slow as S. I counted couple times how long it takes to go from 1 to 100, around 14-16 seconds. In the page it says it should go in 9 seconds. After 100kmh car didnt get much speed. This A4 went through vehicle inspection office or whatever its called with no faults, the guy who was selling it said he cleaned turbo at repair center, hasn't noticed its too slow. Aside from that car was nice to drive, do you guys have any advices ? Thanks alot.
Here is a link for the car, its in finnish site http://www.nettiauto.com/en/audi/a4/8005378

D will feel slower than S as its a DSG box iirc also its not an RS it just has gmbh sport valances on the bumpers or there 'votex' i think. Its also B6 so not in right section this id the B5 section.

If it was me and you feel its down on power id be doing a 'mr muscle' oven cleaner job on the turbo vanes and an oil and filter if fitted change on the gearbox.

D= Drive
S = Sport

Could be several things wrong with the car, It has done a lot of miles. 9 seconds to 100km/h was when the car was new although it does sound slow. Try disconnecting the MAF and see if the car is any quicker. Check for boost leaks on the intake pipes. Do a check with VAG-COM for faults on the ECU.

Reactions: pauldazzle
It can be a faulty MAF sensor. It sees less air so the pump adds less fuel. The AFB's MAF sensor is most likely to fail.