1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A4 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro

Discussion in 'Diesel Tuning UK' started by TripleD, Apr 24, 2012.

1. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

Hi Andrew (@ABYSS)

I've just clocked over the 6000 mile mark on my new car now, and I'm a little disappointed in the Audi engine, coming from a 320d BMW I was getting around 54 MPG and it felt a lot quicker on pickup. Now I've got the Audi I'm only getting around the 40MPG mark, and it just doesn't have the same get up and go attitude when overtaking on the dual carriageway.

I know Jen was trying to sell me a box when I brought the car, but I wanted to run it in first, and was sceptial on tuning boxes Vs Remaps. I've spoken to some remapping companies and don't like the idea of the ECU coming out, and I've read some nice write up's on different forums about DTUK boxes.
    So what can you do for me? Will the CRD-T box give me more power? Will it hurt or help the MPG's given that I guess any type of tuning means chucking more fuel in to give a bigger bang.
    What effect will the DTUK box have on the DPF? I guess you recommend removing the box before sending the car in for servicing etc, so is the Turbo plug as difficult to get to as I've read?

I guess I'm trying to find out whether it's worth keeping the car or not, I do like the look and handling of the car, but for the MPG's and pickup, I wished I'd have brought the 2.0 TFSI!
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. ABYSS

ABYSS Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK Site Sponsor

Hi David,

Weve tuned 100s of these VAG common rail engines, and uptil now we've had no reported issues with dpfs, this includes a lot of systems running in warmer climates.

The BMW engines are superb, but I'd like to think that the VAG isn't that far behind.

I've posted a rolling road grah on here which shows our crdt on our own Seat Leon running the crdt, so 210 is achievable from this engine, and you should see an improvement in your mpg too

As your engine is mounted inline, both plugs including the turbo pressure sensor are easy to get too, so no issues with fitting.

Is your car manual r DSG?
  3. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply, mines a manual.

How about the Pedal Box, would this work hand in hand with the DTUK box? or is it not worth running both side by side?
  4. ABYSS

Were running CRD-T and Pedal box on my brothers Seat Leon and its superb :)

Definetly worth using both..

My advice would be to add the CRD-T first, then add the Pedalbox once youre used to the power etc
  5. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

Thanks for the advice, just waiting to hear back from my dealer to see what a change would cost me, if it's mega bucks, then i'll get a box from you!

Whats the current best offer? Makes them about £350 ish?
  6. ABYSS

£359 plus carriage David..