Audi A4 1.9tdi tube at top of engine worn what is it?

ed b

Reaction score
As title
2014 03 01 115754

Thanks Ed

Attachments

• 2014-03-01 11.57.54.jpg
    2014-03-01 11.57.54.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 210
Thats the vacuum supply for the anti shudder. When you stop the engine that actuator closes a butterfly flap in the EGR valve that stops air going into the engine. Because no air is going into the engine as it slows down it can't compress it so the engine slows a lot slower and more smoothly.
Without the flap closing the engine stops a lot quicker and can rock the car a bit.
Car will work perfectly well without it, a vacuum is only present for a few seconds when the engine stops. if you have the bonnet open and stop the engine you will see what it does.
When I deleted the EGR on my car it had no valve and it didn't cause an issue.

Karl.

Thats the vacuum supply for the anti shudder. When you stop the engine that actuator closes a butterfly flap in the EGR valve that stops air going into the engine. Because no air is going into the engine as it slows down it can't compress it so the engine slows a lot slower and more smoothly.
Without the flap closing the engine stops a lot quicker and can rock the car a bit.
Car will work perfectly well without it, a vacuum is only present for a few seconds when the engine stops. if you have the bonnet open and stop the engine you will see what it does.
When I deleted the EGR on my car it had no valve and it didn't cause an issue.

Karl.

Ok thanks mate