1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A4 1.9 TDI 1998

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by holophyte, Dec 23, 2012.

1. holophyte

holophyte New Member

[Dec 23, 2012]
    Hi i have the above car. Not sure if its a B5 or B6 (no idea what these are)

The drivers door doesn't catch on the keeper correctly so i have to shut it softly for it to catch or slightly lift it up on the door handle. Any ideas on how i adjust the door so i can raise it? Does the door have to come completely off? Or is there an adjusting screw somewhere?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Dec 23, 2012]
    Check for wear in the pin on the hinge, also if the window frame or regulator has been tampered with, the door won't close properly, there are a few wedges that need adjusting in order to get a good seal from the door. Is your car a high mileage ? I suggest you take it to a bodyshop, they have experience in lining/stripping panels so may be able to adjust it for you...
  4. holophyte

holophyte New Member

[Dec 23, 2012]
    Thanks for that. Yes had it 13 years from new! Its done 164,000 now and still drives like a dream. I'll take it to a body shop then & see what they can do.