1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi a4 1.8t both front windows not working, any ideas?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by andyw82, Apr 25, 2012.

1. andyw82

andyw82 Member

[Apr 25, 2012]
    right, when i put me sub in about 4 months ago. i used the hole in the bulkhead where the bonnet pull cable goes, any way never managed to get the gromit back to seal the hole, as i never noticed at the time, not much rain was fine, but the last month or so with the weather like it is there have been a swimming pool in me car drivers side front and back, so i tried sealing the hole with body panel selent. think i have stoped that but car is still slightly damp. right both front windows have stopped working and the drivers side is down alittle, carnt get it to go up, not by button, key in the door or holding the lock button for a bit, nothing works but every few days if i press the window switch the window goes down a tad, and then nothing. i believe they r linked to the central locking pump as once i disconnected it and they didnt work, any ideas? backs r windy so no prob there.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Apr 25, 2012]
    Theres a thermal fuse up behind central electrics under the dash, maybe the water has damaged it?
  4. andyw82

andyw82 Member

[Apr 25, 2012]
    could you explain better where it is please aragorn. ;-)
  5. stoop44rio

stoop44rio Member

[Apr 26, 2012]
    Theres a huge fuse for the windows up behind drivers side of the dash if i remember, you need to screw off the bottom of the dash from the ignition to the pedals. It should be somewhere up high to the right.
  6. andyw82

andyw82 Member

[Apr 27, 2012]
    thanks stoop44rio, will have a look.
  7. andyw82

andyw82 Member

[Apr 27, 2012]
    just checked, and the fuse aint blow, just the contacts covered in ****, gave it a wiggle and hey presto. thanks again.