1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 Xenons Help .....

S3mad Oct 19, 2010

1. S3mad

S3mad Dark Knight

Hi all ,

I know this has been asked a few times but can i fit some xenons in my standard lights with a decent kit i know some people say they blow the windscreen motor but are there any kits out there i can use ? Only reason i ask is the standard lights are shocking ....

2. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

they will blow it, do the xenon retrofit it will be cheaper all in all, up to you if you go hids though your funeral

3. S3mad

S3mad Dark Knight

4. Lewis583

Lewis583 Active Member VCDS Map User

Well, you can. Wouldn't be road legal though due to no headlamp washer etc

5. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

and the ***** beam pattern

6. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

I think the lack of deffuser is really the biggest issue, thats the one that will blind oncoming drivers & possibly fail an MOT. The washers will come into their own in the coming months but how often before the winter are they really needed? The levellings probably not be as dynamic as needed when going over bumps etc so as long as you adjust them to how many people are in the car etc it wont make too much of a difference. With all that said, when I fit mine, i'm doing it right.

7. Dandle

Dandle Member

The leveling system isnt supposed to be dynamic and active over bumps. Its there so that people don't drive around with the light shining to high, unlike halogen lighting Hid is much brighter and blinding to oncoming drivers. Like fitting HIDs into reflector headlights causing uncontrolled light scatter.