1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 wheel choice

stevegti2 Mar 17, 2012

1. stevegti2

stevegti2 Member

hi all ive got a audi A3 1.8t and am currently stripping her and gonna fit a half cage with a few other bots and bobs etc ;)

she currently sits on 18x8/8.5s rs6 style wheels with jamex coilovers looks great but the wheels are very heavy and a good 18" tyre is very expensive when compared to a 17"

i would be torn beetween a 225/40/18 or a 225/45/17 depending on wheel choice im after handleing more than anything just wondering what wheels people might recomend this is a track orientated car but its also my daily so want a balance of performance and style ...........

thanks

2. Carpy25

Carpy25 Member

I run these 17's winter Ronal TT six spoke with 225 45 17 tyres
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and these 18's for the other 8 months (notice i didn't say summer !) BBS RS2 with 225 40 18 tyres

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the car handles and rides better on the 17's but they are so much heavier than the BBS's i think the Ronal are forged and very strong which i why they make a great winter wheel as they can handle a few light knocks and **** the winter roads turn up

i think the car looks far better on the 18's

i would avoid after martket wheels unless you can afford OZ or another good make as cheaper makes don't last and stick to OEM wheels

Rob

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  3. stevegti2

stevegti2 Member

hi just seen this pot again lol 18s look great but 17s are needed really the replicas i have weigh a ton ! i think by going to a bbs 17 id be saving 3kg a wheel easy im gonna keep my eyes peeled

18s for sale soon :D lol