Audi A3 wet floor and inside windscreen

E4 FENN

mr fenn
Reaction score
:blackrs4:hello to everyone just a quick one really,with this bad rain am i geting around my area my a3"s carpit on pass side is very wet,and the inside of my windscreen is driping wet...its does go after afew mins drivein with heated screen and heater,,but its just a pain "moping up".......i guess i need new window rubber seals? and front screen rubber?
oh also my air bag light on my dash is on..not sure if sensors been took of beacause its a modified car with big bumper and intercooler....cheers everyone for any help...fenn

Very unlikely to be the windscreen rubbers as they are hermetically sealed. Common areas for water leaks are:
1. Badly fitted or broken wiper scuttle
2. Pollen filter
3. bonnet release cable entry
4. Sunroof (if you have one) drain holes blocked
If you don't have a sunroof then it's most likely the scuttle. These can warp over time or just be badly fitted/broken when the windscreen has been replaced in the past.
See this thread:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=60149&highlight=wet+carpet

hello andy and thanks......i have a single wiper on my car so very likely scuttle is broke/hole in it ill have to have a look when its dryer.........where can i find the pollen filter?....yeah got a sun roof seems to be okay......cheers

Sunroof is most likely cause, how do you know the drains aren't blocked?
the pollen filter is underneath the scuttle on the passenger side.

hello am back still got water problems,ive checked pollon filter its clean,blocked holes in scuttle panel....my sun roof does not work,well the motor makes noise but doesnt go anywhere...its wet on the inside of sun roof and pass foot well.....its annoyin me cost it smells rank!