1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 USB Connection - Is It Simply "Plug n Play"?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by mrviews, Jan 14, 2010.

1. mrviews

mrviews New Member

[Jan 14, 2010]
    On the Audi A3 (2010 2.0 TDI Sport) how does the USB connection work?

I'm hoping that I can just load up a USB stick with MP3 folders, plug it in, and it will display on the stereo screen or DIS - is that correct? has anyone encountered problems with it?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. JonnyTDI

JonnyTDI New Member

[Jan 14, 2010]
    Just about ... 6 "folders" accessed through the CD changer interface 1 through 6.

It does struggle when running high bit rate MP3s and can cut out really annoyingly, sometimes not seeing the USB stick at all (open glovebox ... unplug ... wait ... plug it in ... wait .. hit CD again to go through CD ... AUX ... USB
  4. mrviews

mrviews New Member

[Jan 14, 2010]
    Thanks for the reply, from the looks of things I'm going to have to keep my CDs in the car as backup!
  5. mister.c.

mister.c. Member

[Jan 14, 2010]
    I've used the USB stick in my A3 for a year now. I wouldn't be without it now - occasionally it does cut out but for me that hasn't been very regular at all. A cracking option for me. I've used 320 bitrate MP3 tracks on mine.

My 4GB stick has worked well - others may have tried other larger sticks and could comment on whether they have worked.