1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 - Upgrading my Single Din Concert to a Double Din Unit...Advice Anyone?????

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Lee78, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Lee78

Lee78 Member

[Nov 1, 2010]
    I'm wanting to upgrade my Single Din Concert Stereo to an RNS-E on my 2005 Audi A3. I know there's a fair bit of work involved etc.... a double din cage, switches, tray and alter my climate control unit to fit the RNS-E.

Has anyone done this recently and recommend any suppliers in the UK for the RNS-E aswell as the switches etc or anyone selling any of these themselves??
    I've been looking on Ebay but a little sceptical about the RNS-E's on there sourced from Europe.
    I've also seen this:
    7"HD LCD TMC DVB-T GPS RDS USB iPod BT SD for AUDI A3 on eBay (end time 16-Nov-10 14:58:01 GMT)

Anyone got any thoughts on this
    Cheers for your help
    HenrikMeister likes this.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. w7 abs

w7 abs Member

[Nov 24, 2010]
    Just done this - theres a great link here
    DIY:Single to Double Din Conversion for Audi A3

should tell you all you need to know. Obviously can get them from Audi but E-bay was my shopping ground as quite a few do come up. I've just put my old single unit on there.

Good luck - Let me know if you need any more details
  4. Lee78

Lee78 Member

[Nov 24, 2010]
    Cheers for the link, will be a massive help..
    Bought myself an RNS-e system off a chap on this forum, which i'm collecting on Sunday... Just busy sourcing the d-din cage and switches etc. Looking forward to installing it..
    Hope your enjoying ur new system