1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi a3 turbo problem

jonnysimm Sep 25, 2011

1. jonnysimm

jonnysimm jonnysimm

Hi everyone i just want to know what people think of my situtaion. i have a 2.0 tdi 2004 a3 since ive had the car i have had it remapped all seemed fine at first untill my turbo started to make a funny noise when putting my foot down like a whilsting noise so i was advised to get a new turbo which i did with a recon from e bay for £312 which i though was ok with 12 month guarantee... so i got the turbo fitted to my car thinking everything should be ok, but there is no pull at all in 1st which is bad at roundabouts and another noise has started like another whilsting noise again the mechanic that fitted the turbo has said its a bearing loose some where and its needs replacing again. so i have rang the place which sold me the turbo and ive explained what its doin and they have said take it back off and send it back down and we will have a look at it, where i have said it not that easy just to take turbos on and off all the time because of cost e.g new oil, new gaskets new oil feed pipe and pay the mechanic plus it means having my car on stands for a week plus. where they keep saying just take it off and send it down we only cover for the turbo not parts and ive said well are you goin two help with the cost because you have supplied me with a turbo that doesnt work properly?? and they have just said the same send it back. so im wondering should they help with the cost at all because the turbo doesnt work? should i contact trading standards see what they say ? or just bite the bullet and take it back off and have to pay ? sorry to rant on just wanted some of your opinions and if anything like this has happen to anyone.

Plus i know it seems common that turbos like to go on a3s tdi or have problems.

Any help would be much apprecited jonny

2. Naj

Naj Member

I think most sellers of re-conditioned turbos are explicit about only covering the turbo itself. Any ancillary work to install/remove the turbo is your cost to bear unfortunately.

Hence why I paid over the odds to have a new oem turbo fitted for the assurance of parts and labour warranty covered by the garage itself.

3. jonnysimm

jonnysimm jonnysimm

ok thanks mate.