Audi A3 tfsi quattro rear discs - need some advice

ABS2788

Reaction score
Hi, Firstly im new here so hello all.

I had my recently purchased audi taken into Audi themselves for a free health check - would highly recommend as well.

They said that my rear brake discs are corroded and need changing. They obv was charging an arm and leg.

I asked the lady what size they for my car being an quattro sportback tfsi (2007) - she said they are 282mm x 12mm part no. 1K0615601AD.

I had a search on here and saw a post regards to the brake disc size and it says based on the label on my service book that my codes are 1LJ for front which is 312mm and rear 1KJ which on the post says they are 286mm

Wondering if anyone can confirm?

My book shows same codes. Would also like to confirm if I have 312 front brakes as a result....

my 170tdi quattro is 286mm rear so i assume the petrol is the same mate

I ordered some 282mm from ecp in the end as I can't imagine Audi getting this wrong but can't imagine there to be a great deal of difference between the two sizes

I ordered some 282mm from ecp in the end as I can't imagine Audi getting this wrong but can't imagine there to be a great deal of difference between the two sizes

You don't need to imagine, the difference is 4mm.

I'd have measured the ones on the car and then ordered the same...

The crucial bit for me is having 312 fronts and not needing to upgrade....

Yeh, I've ordered some mtec front drilled grooved brakes (312mm) and ebc yellow stuff pads. Rear I ordered from local euro parts but guess if size is 286mm and Audi got it wrong then can always swap it there and then when i measure when off car