1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 TDi S-Line DSG - Akoya Silver - Full detail + PICS

NICKK Nov 28, 2013

1. NICKK

NICKK Member

Hi all,

NEW to the forum! After collecting my new Audi last Friday i decided, as always, to give her the full works when it comes to cleaning and thought id share some pics and products with you all.

Method and Products are as follows:

Paint
    Snow Foam - Lance + Auto Finesse 'Avalanche' - Left for 5-10 mins then rinsed
    Wash - Sonax Extreme + Lambswool mitt - 2 bucket method then rinsed and dried
    Clayed - Dodo Supernatural Medium Detailing Clay + quick rinse and wipe down with IPA wipes
    Machine polished x 1 - Menzerna PF2500 + Dodo Juice Fin Cut Cutting Pad (Orange)
    Machine polished x 2 - Prima Amigo Polymer Glaze + Lake Country CCS Final Finish Pad (Blue)
    Sealent x 1 - Wolfgang Deep Gloss ( applied by hand, cured for 20 mins and buffed with micro fibre )
    Sealent x 2 - 12 hours after - Wolfgang Deep Gloss ( applied as above )
    Quick Detailed - Spritzed with Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine and removed with micro fibre

Trim
    Inside - Carlack 68 - Plastic Care ( applied, left, buffed )
    Outside - Prima Nero

Wheels/Tyres
    Cleaned with Valet Pro - Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
    Sealed with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour
    Tyres - Protected and shined with Meguiars High Gloss Gel

Glass
    Cleaned 3M Glass Cleaner and buffed with micro fibre

Leather
    Gliptone cleaner and conditioner

... and some pics ( apologies they're not perfect, taken with an iPhone and the weathers very dull!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coming from a black BMW 1, its amazing how much easier a silvery/grey car can be to clean! Total time 3.5 hours.
    Hope you all like.

Nick

spirit, s3Easty and scotty76 like this.
  2. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

:sign_welcome: Lovely pics and an excellent effort. It should last well as silver is a great colour for hiding the dirt really well. :) I used to have a silver Leon Cupra.

3. manor13

manor13 Active Member

looks good silver is always hard to get a good shot but its looking great.

4. J8TT X

J8TT X Member

3.5 hrs? it would take me all day to do that!

nice work.

5. R90 STL

R90 STL Well-Known Member

3.5 hours?! I would have just finished snow foaming my car by this time I think :p

6. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

Well done mate, looks spotless :icon_thumright:. Makes me miss my last Silver car. Now I've got Black and when detailed it looks amazing for all of 2 days.

You tried the Werkstat acrylic kit? Quite pricey but makes light coloured cars look brilliant.

7. NICKK

NICKK Member

Reading reviews that werkstatt kit gets some awesome reviews. Think I'm going to have to give it a whirl next time! :)

8. ijgreer

ijgreer Member

Looks spotless! Nice a3!

9. s3Easty

s3Easty Member

Good job fella.. I like the darker shade of silver..looks well.
    Your dead right about keeping it clean..my last company car was black and the s3 is silver and I seemed to do 3/4 washes of that to the Audis 1 in the same 2 weeks.
    The new cars white and even thats easier to maintain..

10. ijgreer

ijgreer Member

Thank goodness! My new a4 is white and I was worried about cleaning it every week!

11. briniuk

briniuk Member

Is that c5 wheel armour any good for the £25 you pay for it?

12. NICKK

NICKK Member

Brilliant mate. It's the only thing to use on the wheels IMO.

13. RPB

RPB Active Member Team Ibis Audi S3 Black Edition DSG

I too have to say, only 3.5 hours to do all that? That is some good work in that time. Very nice.