1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 TDI 2.0 2009

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Symo10, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Symo10

Symo10 New Member

[Dec 2, 2013]
    Hi Guys
    First ever post. I was driving home tonight and I got an amber Engine Management Light come on. My car wouldnt accelerate, had no ooomph at all but still ran. I pulled over, switched off and restarted an the problem cleared and hasnt come back. I rang Audi when I got in, and they said to book it in.
    Anyone know what this could of been? And if I book it in, how much its going to cost me?
    It only got serviced 2 months ago.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Hoesty

Hoesty Member

[Dec 2, 2013]
    Best to get it checked out, but important that you check to see of the fuel injectors were replaced under recall as there are defects to certain 2.0tdi 8p models.

My friend bought one in Australia and first day of driving as new owner it broke down as previous owner and dealership didn't know about recall.

Here is the recalls for Australia, so find out about audi recalls in your country and find out if it's defect has been fixed.

Recalls

Let us know outcome.
  4. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Could be glow plugs, could be EGR. You will need to get it plugged in and diagnosed - I would recommend an independant to do it as Audi will charge £100+ just for diagnosis
  5. john71482

john71482 Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    How many miles has the car done?