Audi A3 TDI 170 S-Line

stokeballoon

Reaction score
Looking at buying an A3 TDI 170 S-line 3-Dr, Demo from my local dealer.
Fairly well specced:

S-Line
Bose
Black-Cloth/Leather interior
CC
Symphony 2 Radio/Cass/CD changer
Armrest
Mobile phone prep
Piano black Gloss trim
Luggage/Light pack

The car has done 7k miles, registered in July '06 6 speed manual. And is in Ibis White, not sure about the white at first, but i am slowly getting to liking it.

Good Deal?

Cheers
SB

White might be hard to shift when it comes resell time and the stealers will certainly knock a big chunk of compared to a Silver/Black car

What a tube! I forgot the most important bit.

They want £22 for it, since this morning i have been to another dealer and the prices seem a bit lower there.

Not sure.

SB

Thats pretty high my mate got one the same but blue for less than 20k from a dealer

Terrible deal tell them to take a jump mate!!

List price of the car £24,554

Can be bought new for £22,050

Coast2Coast

Mind you £22 seems a good deal LOL!!! I'll take 5 at that price.

Just check some of the brokers out.

I'm looking at them just now for myself quite fancy one, love the white by the way just not brave enough.

check out autoebid.co.uk

Found them to be about £300 cheaper than drivethedeal.com which was the second cheapest online broker i could find...

oneswoop dont have any audi's listed:ermm:

it's autoebid.com by the way.

there is only £5 of a difference between autoebid, coast2coast and drivethe deal take your pick.:thumbsup:

they all seem to be offering 10% discount some people have had better deals haggling with dealers, good time of year to get a deal play some dealers of against each other.:idea:

Many thanks for the replies. I have been out of the car buying game for a while, had my current car (Golf 1.8T) for 6 years, I have done 61k in her, and to be honest would like a change.

I tested a 2.0T Quattro today, and it felt slow compared to mine, but I then drove the TDI and it ideally suited my driving style. nice and torquey.

Guess i will be shopping about. Cheers once again, i have also been looking on the forum at the oil consumption debate, asked about it but the dealer gave some **** and bull story, have to take a look about, and do some thinking.

SB

To give you an idea, the A3 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG I ordered had a list price of just over £25k with the options I specced, and the dealer knocked 10% off that, so its costing me about £22.5k. A car with 7000 miles on it should be a lot cheaper ;)

£22k is a bad deal for that spec if it had been loving looked after, let alone ragged everywhere like a demo/loan car will have been.

Personally, knowing how such cars are treated, I'd want a blinding deal to take one.

stokeballoon said:
Cheers once again, i have also been looking on the forum at the oil consumption debate, asked about it but the dealer gave some **** and bull story, have to take a look about, and do some thinking.

SB

It isn't a surprise that he didn't admit to the high oil consumption but,out of pure morbid curiosity if nothing else,what **** and bull story did he spin ?

Just having a nosey at this thread and noticing the oil consumption comment ................... I have covered just over 7k in mine now with the oil still 3/4's of the way up the dip-stick. The car has been driven vigorously at times even from new and I consider the consumption on mine to be the same as any other car Iv'e owned.

Check various threads over the past couple of years.
Oil consumption varies wildly from car to car.
Some report negligible use,some report excessive use.
I'm certainly going through a litre every couple of thousand miles,which is not that unusual.
If you get a good one,great.
If you don't,make sure you keep spare oil in the boot,as it's a pain in the *** to find garages that stock it.