Audi A3 sportback petrol 1st gear issues

iky83

Reaction score
hello guys

hoping you could help me as I'm just new on here and also owning an Audi for the first time. I have just bought an Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI petrol and noticed when driving around after the car warming up the 1st gear is very stiff, most of the time i quickly put it in 2nd and then 1st and set off if i have to stop in traffic or lights. Also been told to check on cold start or in the morning, its smooth then until i drive around and when its warmed up like i said but also told it could be the gearbox oil. I have a new gearbox, clutch, bearing just over a year ago so can't see any problems from that side if anyone could help as it is booked on Monday at my local garage??

its usually abit stiff with me too but what i do is is change gear 1-6 2-3 times while the car is warming up just to get the oil moving in the box... might wanna also check how old your box oil is..id really recommend RedLine MT90 fuild

yeah its a pain when you stop and change down to 1st and just gets really stiff so that's why i put it into 2nd then into 1st by setting off but this oil is it 75w90 and best place to get it as i'll get it first thing Monday??

just been looking on the net for this redline gearbox fluid and its not something i can buy from halfords or other car part places but did see some on ebay...

so which one is it as there a few with different background colours on the bottle, yellow, orange, blue and i think red or if you could post a picture up for the one i need, would be great thanks:)