Audi A3 Sportback 2015 suspension creacking

TomislAv3

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with my current A3 pre-facelift on sports suspension. When the temperature drops below 10 °C and I'm going over the speed bumps I can hear suspension creaking. I think the sound is coming from the front and from the back of the car. It's pretty annoying as the car is only 2 years old. I read it is a common problem on A3. The same thing I head on my previous A3 8p but on dynamic suspension.

Now I'm buying a new A3 FL on sports suspension and I'm afraid It will happen again.

What is your experience? Do you have the same problem or your car is creaking sound free?! If you have the same problem, what have you done about it?

I have the same problem on my current A3, only happens after really heavy rain, or when it’s cold (so pretty much every day in Scotland)

I’m hoping my new car that’s on order won’t have the same problem

I had the same problem on A3 2007. so I'm expecting the same thing on the new one :( . Have you been to service about the problem?
What kind of suspension do you have? Do you have Saloon or sportback? Are you staying in team florett or you are buying a car in different color? :)

I had the same problem on A3 2007. so I'm expecting the same thing on the new one :( . Have you been to service about the problem?
What kind of suspension do you have? Do you have Saloon or sportback? Are you staying in team florett or you are buying a car in different color? :)

Never bothered me enough to take it in to be looked at, radio pretty much masks the noise.

It’s a 2015 A3 hatchback with sport suspension that I currently have, new one will be Sportback with sport suspension, staying with silver

Reactions: TomislAv3
Anybody else had the same experience with the suspension? I thought it's a common problem. :grimacing:

Yeah, my 2014 SB did it from new. They had to replace the driver's side top strut bearing under warranty and it has been perfect ever since. With mine, if you sat it on the drive with the bonnet open and got someone to swing the wheels lock to lock, it was very obvious that the problem was just with the one strut bearing on mine.

Reactions: TomislAv3
Good to know that there is a solution for an annoying problem like that. If the same thing starts to happen with the new A3 that I'm ordering I'm going to service right away.
Thank's for the reply!