Audi a3 sline T FSI 1.8 vs 2.0

gangsta1

Reaction score
What's peoples opinion on the differences between these 2? Cost, power, mpg, etc...

I am staying away from diesel as I do short urban trips, dont think the 1.4 T FSI will do it for me. I would go s3 but the cost of the car and the economy has ruled that out for now.

Well for one the 2.0T was launched from 2004 where as the 1.8T was launched around 2007.

1.8T is 160bhp where the 2.0T is 200bhp and does come with option of Quattro. 2.0T is also more available over the 1.8T.

If you we're looking at S3's then the 2.0T is the next best thing...

You wont find a lot of difference between a 2.0tfsi and an s3 especially on short trips, the 1.8 isn't that much better either unless you get a later model when they made it more efficient

Chris

The 1.4T is actually quite good!

Have you tested one?

Get it in DSG form and its nice.

i was given one as a courtesy car during a service. I was pleasantly suprised.

The 1.4T is actually quite good!

Have you tested one?

Get it in DSG form and its nice.

i was given one as a courtesy car during a service. I was pleasantly suprised.

I am not a fan of automatics, would prefer to stick to manual!
Thanks for the feedback on the 1.4T, anyone else have experience with 1.4,1.8 and/or 2.0 TFSI?

They are all good, depends how much economy means to you and how much power you want. Oh and how much tax you want to pay!

Mate, you need to get out there and test some of these engines out for yourself. It's all good getting the facts and figures on here but until you drive one you won't know if it's what you are after or not. Go do some test drives :)

Reactions: audicruiser
Even with the manual in the 1.4T I think you'll be suprised.

Nah the 1.4T lacks torque, You got to red line it to get any performance

i have a 2.0 t quattro s line, and just had a 61 plate 1.8 tfsi sline for a few days while my car was with audi, the 1.8 was flat nowhere near as much fun to drive as the 2.0 i had to spank it hard to get anything out of it as you do with hire cars, i was very dissapointed and told the sales bloke so when he asked me how i got on with it, i had my 2.0 t remapped and now it is a different car best money spent on it so far! 2.0T with remap is the way forward