audi a3 seems like loosing power, maf dump advise

deek19790

Reaction score
hi guys,

my audi a3 8p 2009 plate seems like its loosing power again.

it seems rough to drive on a day to day basis and yesterday on the motorway it just stopped at 70 and would not go higher, i had the peddle all the way down and just would not move, went i braked and went down to 60, it wouldn't go above 60

so today after speaking to a mate who has a vag cable we monitored block 3 and downloaded the following results for maf, he seems to think thats bad but i only changed it last year.

can anyone assist with logs, also i noticed at one point in time the maf specified would not move and so would the car not moved, what would cause this?

also noticed duty cycle is 100.6 at alot of time, what is this

i have uploaded photo of the logs

thanks
d

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-29_18-36-55.png
    upload_2015-8-29_18-36-55.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 141
Any error codes after VCDS scan?

Hi mate,

No errors watsoever except radio error, the radio was changed to a nav one so its the standard zf error but no Other errors.

Do you think it could be the maf again?

D

Is it diesel or petrol? Has the car been serviced recently? Changed the fuel filter?
From what you are saying it sounds like limp mode, but strange that the ECU did not store any related errors.

It's diesel and recently had a service.

An update, I changed the Maf today and it sounded much better, but again it's losing power, I took it on the m1 for a run and it was nice and smooth and then suddenly it become unresponsive.....the gas medal did nothing...the revs just went just above 2000 mark and no higher in gear 4 or 5 and the car would not increase Speed...it increased very very slowly.

Again the duty cycle was 100.6, I think this Is related as when the problem occurs this stays the same.

D

Once off them motor way it was running like a dog, revs would go up but car wouldn't increase speed as it should, Turning the car off and then back on resolves the issue, then it comes back after a while, I get the feeling something is sticking

D

Fins on turbo....is that an easy job to resolve? Or an expensive job?

Someone else pm to say it could be egr....

Would both of these cause the duty cycle to go 100.6

Not sure how much, not had an issue of it before, but have read a few of the chaps on here have cleaned themselves with Mr muscle and it seems to be a common problem with diesels. Do a a search on here for it.

Ok issue is now resolved, the issue was with the actuator on that attaches to the turbo. £100 part

Reactions: SAiLO