Audi A3 Seats Upgrade heating issues

Siena547

Reaction score
Swapped my cloth heated seats out for a lovely set of Leather heated Nappa s3 seats.... They heat up lovely but will not allow my car to control heat or tun down... Please help with advice... Is it a VCDS JOB... I do not know if these came from climate control car or just heated seat car.. Does this make a difference ??

Any help or advice please

You will prob need to update the climate control module aswell as it also has the heated seats controls on it too and then adjusted via vcds... Dont quote me on it, but i'm pretty sure that would be the case? Anyone??

Thank you for responding mate....My car has heated seat controls in it already but just doesn't have climate control.... Will I be able to get them to sync together with VCDS mate

Heated seat don't work like the climate control system, there are no sensors to monitor how hot your @rse is, its a manual system.

Heated seat don't work like the climate control system, there are no sensors to monitor how hot your @rse is, its a manual system.

there are small thermostats in the seat so they don't get too hot. If you use vcds it can tell you requested vs actual heating for the seats

Thank you for responding mate....My car has heated seat controls in it already but just doesn't have climate control.... Will I be able to get them to sync together with VCDS mate

So I take it your car never had heated seats then and you have retrofitted both the control unit and the heated seats?

Yes it already had heated seats but not climate control.... It appears the wiring of the plug is diff on the climate controlled leather seats as opposed to just manual controlled heated seats..!!!

They plug
In the same and switch on but can't
Be switched off !!