1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 remap and induction kit

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JAG SINGHX, Oct 5, 2011.

1. JAG SINGHX

JAG SINGHX New Member

[Oct 5, 2011]
    Hi guys im new to dis forum and could do with some help. Im thinkin of getting my a3 remaped its a 1.4t 2008 was wondering if its actually worth doin and if so where is the best place to get it done. I also want to get an induction kit and wanted to knw wuts da best one....

Any help will be appreciated
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Oct 5, 2011]
    Revo do a map for it that adds about 10%. As its such a low output std you may well find 10% worth having but at £400 i would do their try it first thing.

Also be aware that having spent your £400 you then have to spend £2 to get a sticker........really pee'd me off...I spent £707 with them and still they wanted £2 for a sticker....never did get one :-(

Induction kit will not add anything as std air system will easily flow 160 bhp
  4. JAG SINGHX

JAG SINGHX New Member

[Oct 6, 2011]
  5. JAG SINGHX

JAG SINGHX New Member

[Oct 6, 2011]
    Thank you paddy helped a lot...you spent £707 with REVO was that for a stage 2, is the sticker they wanted £2 for a decal for the car?
  6. Rob-Quattro

Rob-Quattro Member

[Oct 6, 2011]
    Would it be worth getting a K&N panel filter?
  7. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Oct 6, 2011]
    Jag, mine was stg 1 but i bought their SPS switch as well which enables you customize the map a bit and return to std for servicing etc. and yes it was a little 100mm sticker for the numberplate etc.
  8. plezz

plezz Member

[Oct 6, 2011]
    lol thats tighter than a gnats chuff!

out of interest, i've got a 1.6 TDI which has an impressive 106 bhp. i was thinking of getting a remap, but would i actually see any gains there? mine is a bit sluggish at times, and I'd like to make the ride a little more exciting, nothing major though.
  9. JAG SINGHX

JAG SINGHX New Member

[Oct 12, 2011]
    paddy would you recommend gettin a panel filter? apparently the gains are supposed to be quite good
  10. smbAudi

smbAudi Member

[Oct 15, 2011]
    undefined

Apparently they write their own remaps now so it won't necessarily be a generic map. An individual map done on the day on a rolling road is definitely recommended!

AMD Essex has a very good reputation so you can't go wrong with them.