Audi A3 Radio Help Please

D4bky

Reaction score
Hi i have a 2004 (53) plate audi a3 that had a single din standard audi stereo in, I've since then got myself a audi navigation plus (G) edition and all was fine all i had to do was buy a adaptor from e-bay so all was fine, or so i thought quite recently my car battery has been dying and this has only ever happened since the stereo was installed i have a 6 month old audi s3 battery so i know there is no problems with that. what i have noticed is even tho when i turn the car off and take the key out the stereo turns itself off....... but the fan for the stereo still comes on and off every couple of mins while its off. also if u press the botton on the stereo it will turn back on without needing the key..... can someone help? i think its something to do with the radio still getting power for the fan to turn on even tho its off. can some help please?

thanks

It will still work with key out if you press the on button, also the fan & dvd drive do still run after ignition turned of, that's normal.

Has it been coded, have you removed unit & then see if battery still goes flat?

the unit works fine i have now removed the wires for it so no navigation for me :( misses is currently using the car n she says its fine :( also i have sat in the car for over a hour after removing key n still heard the fan turn on and off is that normal?

right misses has been using the car all day so far and she said since the stereo was disconnected it starts without any probs :(

p.s there was no coding done? it was plug n play except for entering the code for the actual stereo

You should code it & make sure wiring all in place, we offer these services.

how much would that be? i also had a flat bottom dsg steering wheel added but for some reason the volume botton and song change botton wont work :(

Best too give me a ring, I'll PM my number.