1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi a3 quattro turbo charge cost

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by DalePurdon, Jul 7, 2012.

1. DalePurdon

DalePurdon New Member

Hi All

So from what ive read the way to go is aspirated (cams,intakes etc), but i am VERY keen to turbo charge my girl and im willing to spend the money, only becaase i have always dreamed of a turbo charged v6, how much do you thnk (realistically) will it cost to turbo charge my 2005 model....UK pounds, us dollars, whatever, give me a number based on what you think....thanks so much i really value your input. I just want a ball park figure.

Dale
  2. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

3. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

It's cheaper to sell up and buy a turbo powered car then tune from there...
  4. demi

demi New Member

Depends what parts you want, you can get a journal bearing turbo for 600 or a ball bearing for 1200 or a billet wheel ball bearing for 1600.....

The V6 has much potential when turbocharged, you will need a good clutch cerametallic twin plate to keep up with the torque, gearbox is good for 6-700hp.

If you gonna do it then do it right first time.:)
  5. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

You'll need as below,a proper turbo kit,injectors,manifolds,exhaust and the list goes on.
    Don't try to do it on the cheap,as you'll end up with trouble,and it IS a big,costly job.
  6. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral