1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 Quattro - New sump where form?anyone bought one of these..........

ayreaudi Mar 31, 2010

1. ayreaudi

ayreaudi New Member

Hi, New to the Forum (a forum foreigner if you would)

I need a new sump as the "professionals" at audi have tightened the plug up too much and chewed the sump up, this was done at the last service before i bought the car. The sump is now leaking oil and doesnt tighten, ive at a price from a garage for a new sump fitted £110.00. I thought about heli-coiling it but would rather try and find a cheaper sump than the £80 the garage said it would cost.

So...........looking around (fleebay mainly) i found this.....and as title says????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-TT-OI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a014555ed

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

If you have the level sender then this is the one you need. Do not forget a tube of sealer, job jobbed

3. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

If not, I have one kicking about somewhere.

4. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

cant you just go back to the garage and say "oi, wat the f***? new sump, now!" well you may wanna be more polite than that but you get the idea :)

5. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

surely they wouldnt do this? most people realise they dont need to be very tight? dont they?

6. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

thats why vag put 19mm a/f drain plugs.... not! to big arse spanners can be used to easily over tighten them..
    great design feature from vag.. another one!

nice

7. ayreaudi

ayreaudi New Member

Thanks for the replies.

Yeh i could but it was a good 2 hour drive and dont wanna risk the plug coming out and messing my engine up, its not worth that sorta hastle.:no:

You wudda thought that they would know not to tighten them too much, it musta bin the last garage as it had a change before i bought it. And if it was like it before it went in then surely they would have advised the previous person ( a trader) to change it.

I think il get on and order it.

Cheers Welly il bear that in mind. :icon_thumright:

8. Y83OLK

Y83OLK Hulk Smash!

Mine was the same.
    Just helicoil it... In my opinion a helicoil is better than a new sump, its certainly stronger.

9. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.