Audi A3 quattro and S3 gearboxes

djdougalno1

Reaction score
can any one tell me if these gearboxes are the same also do u think the driveshafts would also be the same a3 quattro turbo sport and an s3

I would be interested to know 2, I have heard its the same but not sure, apparently the dual-mass clutch & fly wheel are simillar as well.

ive got 5 speed fitted in car at the moment but got a six speed out of tt to put in thought they should be the same cause when my road speed sensor failed audi kept giving me a 5 speed one witch didnt fit was to small it ended up beein a six speed one i needed also the starter motor was a six speed one i needed but the gearbox only has five gears so do u think it should fit:sos:

ive got 5 speed fitted in car at the moment but got a six speed out of tt to put in thought they should be the same cause when my road speed sensor failed audi kept giving me a 5 speed one witch didnt fit was to small it ended up beein a six speed one i needed also the starter motor was a six speed one i needed but the gearbox only has five gears so do u think it should fit:sos:

I've got a 6 speed S3 box for sale out of a w reg £200 if anyone wants one complete with transfer box

did they even do a a3 quattro with a 5speed box? i thought all quattro's a3, s3 and tt were 6speed boxes?

mines defo a five speed but its in a 6 speed case for some reason

Not sure but will ask the garage tomorrow as I have just had my S3 gearbox replaced, due to no 1st and 2nd gear.

my a3 quattro is 5speed. its a 6speed box minus the 6th gear

dose that mean the driveshafts wouldbe the same also:respekt::yellowrs4:

dose that mean you 5speed lot can hit 60 in 2nd then, or have they lost the top end?

why do you want to change the drive shafts tho?
they should just bolt up from 5sp car onto 6spd box,

S3 shafts are going to be longer I think as their wishbones are wider slightly.