1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi a3 o2 sensor pleaseeee help!!

ticketyboo90 Nov 13, 2013

1. ticketyboo90

ticketyboo90 Member

Hi all, i have the slowest version of the a3 (the 1.6!) engine code bfq. its a 52 plate with 76k! never had a service in well over 5 years!

So today i spent a full day servicing it! Changed pollen filter, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter and castrol 5w30 oil change. I replaced the oil level sensor as it constantly thought the oil was minimum. I took the sump off and cleaned the sump out and cleaned the oil pick up pipe to the pump (what a mess my drive is now!)

In the past 2/3 years its had a new throttle body and maf sensor, spark plug coils.
    In the past few weeks its had a new thermostat housing unit, cambelt & water pump change. New starter motor.

As its been neglected service-wise is there anything else i should be looking for and doing to make it all the better?

I also have a eml that has came on and went off for the past few weeks. It is 100% the pre cat sensor. i have a new one from the stealership for £140.

ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET THE OLD ONE OUT! ITS SUCH A TIGHT SQUEZE DOWN THE BACK OF THE ENGINE! DO I TRY AND UNDO IT FROM ABOVE AND BEHIND OR UNDER THE CAR AND BEHIND? I orderd the wrong o2 sensor socket and it will not go over the sensor because of the wire so i have bought a new smaller type but have not used it yet!

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY GRATEFULL!!

2. kevin0410

kevin0410 New Member

When i did mine on my 1.6 i took the plastic air intake off the top of the engine then had to remove the heatshield from the exhaust manifold.

pig of a job from what i remember