1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 Hatchback 1.6 SE (08) 3DR - Remapping/Tuning

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Adamc123, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Adamc123

Adamc123 New Member

Hi Guys,

This is my first post so excuse the lack of knowledge!

I own a Audi A3 Hatchback 1.6 SE (08) 3dr and was wondering if people could give me some advice?

I was looking for a performance boost such as, remapping/tuning. Could people advise me on where to look as I haven't had any luck whilst searching the web. A lot of sites do it for A3's but all TDI or just 1.8, not my model.

Thanks
  2. sliced

sliced Drive safe, stay alive.

1.6 fsi isn't very tuneable probably 10bbp from a remap, another 5 from an induction kit, another 5 from decat and exhausts but other than that not much im afraid
  3. Adamc123

Adamc123 New Member

Thanks for the reply sliced. When you say FSI is that standard or what? Because my car is just a 1.6 SE. Sorry I'm getting to grips haha!
  4. Lewis583

Lewis583 Member

FSI is a term Audi use to describe the type of fuel injection the engine uses. (Fuel Stratified Injection)

To be honest fella, a remap on a NA 1.6 would be a waste of money in my opinion. The gains would be minimal and wouldn't outweigh the cost. By all means if you want some extra noise then you can fit an exhaust and induction kit, but beyond that I wouldn't bother.
  5. Adamc123

Adamc123 New Member

Nice one, Thanks for the information!

Yeah I'm not going to bother, I think ill save up and get myself a 1.8T or 2.0T.

Thanks