1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi a3 fan!

ticketyboo90 Nov 5, 2013

1. ticketyboo90

ticketyboo90 Member

Hi all, I bought a second hand fan on ebay, same part number, for my audi. The one I have when it kicks in it started making a horrible screech and if you tap it with something the screech stops! However when I'm at traffic lights going through town centers etc it's a bit embarrassing getting out and tapping it to stop the awful noise! So I bought one anyway, the fan I have if I turn it with my hand it spins and spins quietly! The fan I have bought feels quite stiff and If I turn try to spin the fan it stops soon as I take my hand off it, the old fan moves freely and quietly when I push it the new a little stiff and it makes a little whine noise! It is just a single big fan there is no little fan next to it! It has 3 wires. A brown. A red and white stripe. And another striped one (can't remember colours think it's black and red) Which wires can I wire this to my 12v battery to see if it works before I send it back to the seller! I'm already thrown at the fact it doesn't move as freely as the one I have in! Many thanks, daniel