1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 fan heater resistor problem - Fan only works on full power!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Blueie, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Blueie

Blueie He who dears' wins!!

[Feb 23, 2011]
    Hi, has anyone else had this problem?? The link below is just a pic and part number for you to see it.

I dont have the climate control in my car, i have the old style controls. Last week the heater fan stopped working for setting 1, 2, 3, but works full power on 4! Anyway seached about and found out if i replace the resistor all would be fixed. Ordered a new one from Audi, easy change the next day. BUT only lasted a couple of days.

Phoned Audi about it and they tried to phob me off "you must of installed it wrong" lol its just plug and play!

In the end i got them to order me another one. Has anyone had this problem with the resistor's not lasting? Are they a common fault?

2004 - 2010 AUDI A3 HEATER RESISTOR 1K0959263A on eBay (end time 05-Mar-11 15:07:11 GMT)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

[Feb 23, 2011]
    Sounds like the fan motor is pulling too much current and burning out the resistor. Can't think of another reason for it to burn out.

Think you may have to change the motor !
  4. Blueie

Blueie He who dears' wins!!

[Feb 23, 2011]
    Hmmm your the second guy to tell me that! Might have to investigate deeper then! Bugger!