Facelift Audi a3 facelift

BrummieLad

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to these forums, and thunk I've posted my what in the wrong boards hence previously so apologies in Advance.

I'm thinking about favelifting my 2014 s-line and waa wondering if the lights will be plug and play or is there extra work required?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

BL

I suspect he's on about the rear lights, looking to swap them out for the FL ones with dynamic indicators. From what I know these are the same physical size/shape but whether they're a straight swap I don't know.

Thanks both for the responses. I will be changing the front bumper and panel too, so that shouldn't be a problem.

What I'm not sure about iff any of the lights will be plug and play or if any mods are required.

I was hoping someone out there has already done this, as I don't want to purchase the parts and then finding out they don't fit.

I was hoping someone out there has already done this, as I don't want to purchase the parts and then finding out they don't fit.

Re: Rear lights.
Someone has already done this. Search the forum. There's a thread on this topic

Regarding rear lights and dynamic indicators, they won't be plug and play.

Regarding front lights, they should be plug and play as long as you go for the same type of the lights (eg. if you had bixenons and will put in FL bixenons) although don't take my word for granted, I might be wrong.

Bear in mind that FLs don't have fog lights, they have all weather lights which are integrated into the headlights which might not be plug and play feature (and these are standard across the range so you will be losing fog lights with this conversion).

Thanks Jimbo and Rideen, this has cleared up donr of the concerns.

Rideen- I currently have xenon on mine, but I'm guessing Led Xenons are different or is it the sabe thing? As most of the facelift lights are advertised as led xenon.

Thanks Jimbo and Rideen, this has cleared up donr of the concerns.

Rideen- I currently have xenon on mine, but I'm guessing Led Xenons are different or is it the sabe thing? As most of the facelift lights are advertised as led xenon.

No problem mate.

Facelift model has LED DRL + Bi-xenon, LED DRL + LED or LED DRL + Matrix LED.

Probably the easiest option to do would be LED DRL + Bi-Xenon as those have a chance of being plug and play, others probably won't be.

Thanks again. I have sourced some lights and the seller asides me they are xenon. I think I'll bite the bullet and take them, but obviously I won't know until I have given my car in to the body shop for a facelift, which might be a few weeks

I will keep you all informed how I get on.

Reactions: Rideen
hi. I have an 2017 audi a3 sedan 8v facelift with xenon plus and all weather lights. I dont have external fog light in front bumper so here comes the question.

Can I make the "all weather lights" work as cornering lights via VAGCOM (VCDS)? I tried some settings but they did not work.

thank you

actually someone made this but they dont tell how to.

I doubt it as Xenon Plus turn/swivel left and right as you steer.

The Xenons on the facelift are not Xenon Plus (it is no longer available) and do not swivel. All weather lights as cornering lights is possible via VCDS.

Hi guys,

A bit if an update on this as been a while, however the car has been sat in the body shop waiting to be painted and fitted up.

I had a phonecall from them yesterday saying they are having issues with the lights, so I went down today to see what the problem was.

It appears the lights (led + bi xenon I tjink) I have bought are not plug and play, as only the led drl seems to be working and nothing else. Now I'm not sure if they have not wired them, or there is some modifications required but they certainly aren't working.

For now I've told them to bolt them down and git the car backup, and I'll have to get someone who knows what they are doing with electrics(family member)to have a look at the lights.

Hi guys,

So have had the car back from the bodyshop, and my cousin has manged to get them working when he visited the shop. I don't exactly what he did, but it took him under 5 minutes so im guessing it waa something silly the bodyshop were doing. No coding waa required nor was the wiring replaced.

However the only issue I have now is that the auto leveling fwature dies not work.

I managed to get hold of a plug from a facelift and plug is exactly the same, however my cousin has spotted the loom is slightly different. He suspects the additional wiring is for the auto leveller and fog lights, abd is under the impression the loom will need to be added to enable these features. Is this correct, or is it sonething that needs to be done via vcds.?

Thanks in advance.

Here is a pic ofbthe car post conversion for those who are interested....
20171030 205722