1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 drivers side door lock not working

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by rick28, Aug 1, 2011.

1. rick28

rick28 Member

Hi all

I have posted previously regarding being unable to access my car however audi have sorted the key fob out so I can now gain access. The key however, when used on the drivers door does not work. I can see the issue but I was wondering if there are any details of how to get to the back of the handle and reinsert the spring that has a plastic lug on it back into the lock mechanism? I can clearly see that this spring with a lug connected isnt actually inserted into anything. I have removed the door card and the hard plastic that covers access to the door lock but after that, I am stumped. I may just pay for it to get looked at by a garage but it feels as though fixing it myself should be possible

Thanks
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

TBH mate its a real pita to do, so my advice is pay someone, it requires some real patients & iirc there was no spring in that area, just a plastic locating lug that pushes into a fixed position on the back of the door lock, you really have to remove the lock itself to understand how it fits together 1st to be able to refit 100%.

Look me up if you cant manage it.