1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 DPF warning light

Ajcman Aug 12, 2017

1. Ajcman

Ajcman Member Audi A3 TDi

My Audi A3 2011 SLINE keeps getting the DPF light on the dash, but then it just disappears after a while, notified the garage and they looked but found nothing.

Any advice? Warranty runs out in November so will be using a local garage and would like to know where to point them.

thanks

2. Darren92

Darren92 Well-Known Member

Are you undertaking the correct driving style required for a DPF equipped diesel car?

3. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Gut , remap Stage 1, egr and dpf out .

4. Retroman

Retroman Audi A3 2010 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 (CBBB engine)

What sort of checks did the garage do? A main dealer can plug it into proper VAG diagnostic software and check how clogged the DPF is

5. Macky71

Macky71 New Member

I had this on mine a couple of weeks ago, I just took it up the motorway at 60mph in third, after about 10 miles a big cloud of black soot blew out the exhaust then the light went out and it's been fine ever since.

6. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Lol , the nearest motorway to me is 50 mins away .

7. vag-tech

vag-tech Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi A3

You local garage should have a system that will allow them to look at the engine faults and relevant live data (dpf health/egr response/etc). They will then be able to advise on best action going forward, or of possible component issues.

Ajcman and Retroman like this.
  8. Ajcman

I drive the way it tells me to drive? change gear when it says and occasionally getting a blast climbing some of the s
    Yes, I think so. Changing gear when it tells me to only high revs when climbing hills etc

9. Ajcman

Not sure it was a Mercedes Garage as Arnold Clark doesn't own a VW or Audi Garage near me

10. Ajcman

I've heard people do that, but i hate the sound of the engine on high revs low gear. Poor car