Audi A3 dash vent advice

rusko007

Reaction score
Hi Guys.New to this forum.Can anyone advise why only 3 of the 4 dash heater vent 'rollers' illuminate? The car in question is a 2000 1.8SE and I'm not sure if it's a bulb or a sealed LED unit.It is the drivers side roller that fails to illuminate.I have tried to gently pry out the vent to look but it's so tightly fitted it feels as though any excessive force will break it.Any advice greatly appreciated.

Just get a thin flat head screwdriver and pry between the dash and the vent edge, I've had mine out a couple of times as I've recently installed a boost gauge in my drivers vent lol :) they're a lot more sturdy than you think! Or use two screw drivers and pry at both the top and bottom of your vent :) hope this helps!

Cheers, Josh

Got it out without too much trouble.And yes they are more sturdy than they look.In terms of illumination there are two wires one red and one black that run directly into the back of the vent / roller.Still non the wiser guys why or how to resolve the lack of illumination.Any advice appreciated.OCD kicking in and wanna get it done.

Hi Everyone

Im new to this forum as well and need your help. I have a 2003 Audi A3 with the illuminating air vents . The passenger side air vent was broke so I brought a new one , however i dont know how to fit it . The air vent is the same description as above and has two wires coming out the back of it,Please could someone tell me where these wires need to be plugged into as I havent got a clue.

If i'm not wrong, there should be a wire coming through the ducting to the passenger side air vent that you should see once you take the current passenger air vent out. You should simply just have to pull your old air vent out, unplug the wires from the wiring harness that comes through the ducting and then plug it back into the new replacement passenger air vent that you've got.

Hope this helps!