Audi A3 Clutch Noise

Jlovett

Reaction score
Hi could anyone help me here.

I've just bought an Audi A3 2.0 tfsi manual. And I'm noticing a sort of grinding noising when I'm just hitting the biting point. Its only really noticeable when on a hill climb and at very low speeds. And its only something you can real notice when actually driving the car, you can feel it under your foot, its not particulary noisey. Having not owned an Audi before I was wondering whether anyone else has come across this? Or knows what it could be?

Thanks in advance

I've got the same thing or along those lines but mines at a worser stager. Been told it's the Flywheel =/

When i was driving a a4 for a while it had that i wasnt sure what it was tried to explain it but could feel it under my foot when changing gears. And it does make a grinding kind of noise

Thanks for your response! Its going into the garage for something else today so I've mentioned it to them, I'll let you know what they say! No doubt it'll stop doing it while its in their hands!

I had a grinding noise that sounded by a duck whistle and the pedal felt very gritty when pressed, would only happen when the car was warm.

Traced to the clutch release sleeve and clutch release bearing - both replaced been ok since.

I've noticed that sometimes when the car is moving and i change gear, when i release the clutch to engage gear there's an audible 'clunk' which can be hear both in and outside the car.
I'm not massively concerned but i'm guessing this isn't 'normal'??