Good Day

I am experiencing some problems with my cluster:
1) the petrol guage needle is jumping all over
:jump:
2) the heat guage stopped working
:motz:
3) speedometer stopped working

:scared2:
does any one know where i can get this fixed or what could be the problem?
I stay in Durban, South Africa.

Thanks in advance guys

Try the earthing points and fuses first off. Or even the speed sensor. Had the speedo stayed working id have guessed the chip that controls the centre two guages had fried, which is common.

howsit i checked the fuses this morning already and they both seem to be fine. where can i find the:
1) earthing points
2) speed sensor

shot again dude

I had a amber battery warning light a few weeks ago that wouldn't clear from my DIS so after checking the fault with VCDS it turned out to be a fault with the circuit board in the cluster so I had to have a new one fitted at my local dealers.

Last edited:
I had a amber battery warning light a few weeks ago that wouldn't clear from my DIS turned so after checking the fault with VCDS it turned out to be a fault with the circuit board in the cluster so I had to have a new one fitted at my local dealers.

i called the dealers here in durban (ZA) they want R11 250-00 for a new one not even coded (because the emobilisor is built into the cluster unit itself) or fitted. They :asskicking:are blady crazy the bliksims.

i called the dealers here in durban (ZA) they want R11 250-00 for a new one not even coded (because the emobilisor is built into the cluster unit itself) or fitted. They :asskicking:are blady crazy the bliksims.

Yep I know with part and labour plus VAT cost me best part of £800

Yep I know with part and labour plus VAT cost me best part of £800

well the value of my car is R60 000 i aint going to pay R11 250 just for the part, after recoding and installation it will cost almost R20 000. can you see any logic in that. i rather try and get some one to repair it then.

Reactions: SPARTAN91
You need to post in your specific section, so everyone knows the year/chassis to advise on, which brings me to my next point always when posting add the car details like year, chassis type as in 8L/8P even if its obvious from the year, engine type & gearbox manual or auto.

You need to post in your specific section, so everyone knows the year/chassis to advise on, which brings me to my next point always when posting add the car details like year, chassis type as in 8L/8P even if its obvious from the year, engine type & gearbox manual or auto.

Sorry Dude, i am a newbee here.

2001 Audi A3 1.8T
AUM Manual

Reactions: NHN
No worries, how's summer settling in :)

I lived in SA for a year, CT mostly, what a year :)

No worries, how's summer settling in :)

I lived in SA for a year, CT mostly, what a year :)

Well Durban's Summer is really KUK, on most days we are having all four seasons in one day:eiertritt:.

but hey cape town is a good place for a holiday.

Ye man I can appreciate that, CT can be very deceitful huh, on a day where its windy as hell you can get sunburnt in 5 minutes flat, then again that maybe due to all the castle we sunk on that day which transpires 5 minutes when ****** but several hours when sober lol

Ye man I can appreciate that, CT can be very deceitful huh, on a day where its windy as hell you can get sunburnt in 5 minutes flat, then again that maybe due to all the castle we sunk on that day which transpires 5 minutes when ****** but several hours when sober lol

well dude, thats the only downfall here in ZA. The sun can get really hot here.
:drag: