Audi A3 - Car Rejection - PLEASE READ - GOOD TO KNOW

Mani_S_Bhogal

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Not sure if you are aware from the limited posts that I have made, I have had a horrific experience in owning my Audi A3 1.8 TFSI S-tronic. I purchased in May 2013 from a dealer in South East London/North Kent (trying to be nice I won't be specific which dealer group it was). I received a £3,000 discount on the car and for the time in respect of what was available as spec it was fully loaded - Audi Connect, B&O, half leather alcantara seats, I could go on - gorgeous car. I will now list the issues I have had in owning the vehicle:

June 2013 - (Yes one month from ownership) I was driving on a dual carriageway at 40mph, the entire car switched off and carried on rolling at 40 mph. All of the electronics died - air con, speakers, navigation, the steering became exceedingly heavy. The only part of the car that worked was the brake pedal, I consider myself extremely lucky not to have had an accident. I stopped called Audi Assist who asked me to restart the car and drive the car home where Audi would send out a technician to see if it could be fixed. The Technician informed me that one of the 9 ECU's had melted out causing a switch off of the cars electronic systems. Nothing too dangerous then!

July 2013 - My first issues with the S-tronic 7 speed dry clutch system. I pulled out of my driveway and applied normal force to the accelerator to initiate movement and the car jolted from 2nd gear in to 3rd. Audi Assist called once more to see if they could rectify the problem - no error codes or issues shown on the box. He offered to update my software but was trying to apply 8P DSG software to my 8V till I informed him that my A3 was an 8V (like really!?!?!) - the car goes in to the dealer I purchased from in order to review and fix if possible the problem.

August - September 2013 - I have a small graze on my door in a hit and run parking accident. Between Audi Insurance and the dealer, it takes the best part of 2 months to get the graze rectified and the vehicle returned to me. I go to pick up the vehicle, it is filthy and smells of cigarettes. I switch on the car and whilst giving the car to Audi with about 3/4 of a tank of petrol I have 15 miles range in the car. I go back in to the dealer and ask where my petrol is and I am told that the car had been driven 80 miles round trip to the bodyshop to be repaired (Hamilton and Palmer Coachworks) this didn't justify the rest of the fuel and so I believe the car had been used for other purposes.

November 2013 - Further S-tronic problems. The car on rare a once a month basis starts holding 3rd gear and instead of changing at 2,000 RPM kept holding till 3,000 RPM and refusing to change up to 4th gear. Additionally, changing down from 4th to 3rd (once a day) was changing slightly too early giving a lumpy down change. Both issues are/were a constant going forward to date.

December 2013 - January 2014 - Car goes in to the dealer 2 times to sort out an Air Conditioning fault on a faulty part and was misdiagnosed 2 times - i.e. 3 changes of various Air Conditioning elements to find the fault item. The car is returned to me in January and in the morning after having the car I note two suction pads on the windscreen and I contact my insurer to find that a claim has been made to replace my windscreen. I contact the dealer to ask them why and how this took place - I never received a response.

February 2014 - I begin a process with Audi HQ and the dealer to get me out of the car as I have had enough of the treatment and the general faults on the car that I have experienced. I am offered a preferential deal on an Audi S3 (£3,000 discount) and £500.00 from Audi HQ - I am quoted delivery once I eventually finalise my specification in February 2015. I repeatedly state that I need more assistance given that I can get 8% off the car as a minimum and that my initial deposit (£3,700) in my current car has evaporated to the tune that I have a £1,200 deficit in the vehicle.

March 2014 - August 2014 - Constant gearbox problems as mentioned - 4th gear to 3rd gear remains untimely and odd occasion the gear is held from 3rd to 4th till I stop at a set of lights (start/stop on). The car goes in for servicing in August. This is effectively a £250.00 oil change (or oil pack) and a valet of my car. One week after the car stops at a set of lights - start/stop engages but the car refuses to fire. My phone has ran out of battery and I borrow someones phone to call home for assistance. I coax the car in to life - bring it home - it holds 5th gear from the point that it goes up the box and stays there unless I used the paddle to change the gear. I call Audi Assist who come home in the morning and note a fault code. I am told to either wait 45 minutes to winch the car to the van or drive to the same dealer following the Audi Assist technician. I elect to drive. They take the car from Audi Assist only to call me three days later to state that they cannot find the fault code. Audi up their contribution to my new car to £1,000. I contact Volkswagen Finance in the hope that they can rectify my problems in respect of my deposit and negative equity in the car.

September 2014 - The Master Technician reviews the car and detects that there is too much clutch judder. I now provide them a video of the gearbox problem about holding 3rd gear to which they respond saying this is inconclusive (outrageous!). Per the service note received at collection the clutch and s-tronic units are overhauled. They maintain that they cannot find the fault code that I had when I drove in to the dealership (with Audi Assist).

October 2014 - I am contact almost two months after I raise my complaints with VWFS. I receive the car three weeks after giving it to Audi (this long due to a shortage of parts apparently!) - I am elated I finally get to make use of my Bang and Olufsen stereo (it really is that much better than the standard system in the A3 saloon - my courtesy car). I turn on my fixed car to find that I have 25 miles range of fuel in the car - I go back in to the dealership and the Workshop manager takes me to a Petrol station and fills my car up with petrol. I drive him back to the dealership. The cars gear changes are superb - silky smooth. I drive halfway to work - 16 miles in to a 33 mile journey and the car stops at a set of lights once more - the same issue as in August - refuses to fire after a stop/start cycle. After spending 20 minutes on the phone to the dealer trying to coax the car back in to life I am told by the Master Technician that once we start the memory of the car traces the last 20 stop/start events - I exceeded this driving from my home to the dealer with Audi Assist previously. The car eventually fires and the Start/Stop is switched off to ensure the error code is preserved. I return to the dealer once more and for the first time in this whole debacle I am angry.

I demand to speak to the Head of Business, Sales and Service. I eventually speak to the Head of Sales who states he will now initiate a Process of Rejection to return the car to Audi HQ - he states that the faults I have experienced on the new A3 is unprecedented. He states that this process will take 2 weeks and that I am no longer allowed to use my car and will be using their A3 saloon till my S3 arrives. I will be informed of how the finance will work in due course.

I have been disgusted by the level of service from the dealer although this has improved as the number of times I have been in increased and the performance of the vehicle throughout has been awful - it was/is my first car also. The S3 Saloon will now be arriving at the end of the month but my preferential deal of £3,000 (preferential discount - yea right!) and £1,000 from HQ is now off the table and that I will be receiving benefit by taking the S3 Saloon on the terms of my current finance arrangement - the Head of Sales will confirm this in the coming weeks and I will keep this thread updated.

Don't hesitate to ask questions or provide advice on this below.

Many thanks.

Reactions: satyp and phil1824
My bet is that you've been dealing with Bexley Audi!
I think you should tell us who you've been dealing with as it will help the rest of us to avoid them in future.... they will lose business based on your history

Wow I'd be worried getting back into the car after the engine cutting off....

8%? that's a bit of a joke isn't it.... you can get that just by going through a car broker such as Carwow....

Reactions: S3LVX and Mani_S_Bhogal
Yup precisely my point. This is no longer on the table so let us see what happens through this formal Process of Rejection where the car goes back to Audi UK/Audi AG.

To respond additionally - my aim is just to merely let everyone on the forum know my issues I will be more specific if and when they resolve these problems to my liking...

That's traumatic, couldn't you have refused the car in the first error in June 2013?

So will you be getting an S3 on the same finance you're paying now?

Hi A3_Rider,

That is what the current discussion is - although this all done over a 12 minute convo on Friday whilst I was trying to get away to get back to work. I guess then I would reap the benefits of having 18 months less on my agreement with no miles on my car and the fact that its an S3 not an A3. As I say I will keep the page updated and name and shame if required.

Mani

From reading that I am surprised your getting another Audi Mani!

Potentially getting the car on your existing finance terms is a good deal. I doubt it will be that simple (I find situations like this are always very stressful as there tends to be a total unwillingness to put the customer right by manufacturers / dealers). I wish you good luck with it.....

Reactions: Mani_S_Bhogal
Useful Current Info:

This government is introducing a new UK Consumer Rights Act (currently a Bill, making its way through Parliament) will:

Let people who place an order for their car online have a 14 day cooling off period
Get a refund within 14 days of cancellation
Allow owners to reject a car within 30 days should it suffer a fault
Allow owners to reject a car within 6 months after ONE attempt at a failed repair

The Act will be law later this year, once it has passed through Parliament (both Houses), and Royal Ascent.

Progress:
http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2013-14/consumerrights.html

More Info:
http://discuss.bis.gov.uk/consumerrightsbill/

Reactions: Mani_S_Bhogal and Pulp84
Useful Current Info:

This government is introducing a new UK Consumer Rights Act (currently a Bill, making its way through Parliament) will:

Let people who place an order for their car online have a 14 day cooling off period
Allow owners to reject a car within 6 months after ONE attempt at a failed repair

The Act will be law later this year, once it has passed through Parliament (both Houses), and Royal Ascent.

Progress:

More Info:

It's very overdue this act. Taking back a faulty car should be as easy as taking back a faulty toaster.

That's traumatic, couldn't you have refused the car in the first error in June 2013?

So will you be getting an S3 on the same finance you're paying now?
From reading that I am surprised your getting another Audi Mani!

Potentially getting the car on your existing finance terms is a good deal. I doubt it will be that simple (I find situations like this are always very stressful as there tends to be a total unwillingness to put the customer right by manufacturers / dealers). I wish you good luck with it.....

Hi Pulp,

Well thing is as a family we had an A2 from new, a B7 A4 from new and my dads just picked up an A7 BiTDI and all cars are/were relatively faultless. We actually bought the A7 from the same dealer - trust me that thing is a beast and we love it. I just got unlucky - they're generally good cars.

I would have rejected the car in the first instance but I believed it was a one off issue and to be fair Audi Assist had it fixed within 3 hours of the incident - new model and all you face a few speed bumps but by Feb 2014 I had had enough. I've tried to be as reasonable as possible I guess. You are right Pulp this won't be easy but the first major hurdle in that they told me we don't want you to have the car and that enough was enough was heartening.

Let us see how it all goes.

Mani

Reactions: Pulp84
Useful Current Info:

Progress:

More Info:

Extremely long overdue! Just a shame it wont be in time to benefit me! No doubt the legal people at companies like VW will find a way around this and still make it extremely difficult to resolve despite the fact that it should be as easy as changing a toaster as mentioned!

Reactions: Pulp84
It's good to hear that your getting some where with this.

In the past we've rejected two cars, one many years ago was a new Metro for my wife that had a list of 45 faults on it. That was replaced after about a month.
The second was an R32 that had huge paint problems, I had to contact the MD of VAG UK about that one but got a full refund after I'd had the car six weeks.

If only it was that simple for me Steeve!

It has just been one pain after another - I updated VWFS about the situation. Slightly concerning as technically I am still having to pay for the car. One thing I didn't add was that there may be a requirement for me to put more £ in to the S3 as it isn't a like for like replacement. They term it as "betterment". Interesting concept that is - I have a faulty car, I go through untold inconvenience in respect of the said car over a period of 18 months and then I might be required to put in more money in to a new car because it is of better specification than the chassis that was faulty.Surely, you would have to be mad to go in to the same specified car given the issues above, they should consider themselves lucky that I am still willing to drive an Audi?!!?! I think they miss the fact that I have paid and am paying for a faulty car currently - which over the term of the agreement so far mounts up to just over £10k (including my deposit). ACU81TE is my current car - on the Audi configurator - car I am going in to is ACU5ZT7S.

To state that I am feeling stressed by this is a severe and gross understatement, I am actually going to a doctor in respect of this as it is stopping me from sleeping as it goes round and round in my mind! Morale of the story - give people an inch they take a mile - I have been way too accommodating - or that is my take on this situation.

Mani

Mani,

Sorry to hear about all the issues you have had. Rejection is the only way to go at this stage. Curious how they managed to claim the windscreen on your insurance without you knowing. Seems strange.

Your post here is extremely valid:

I would have rejected the car in the first instance but I believed it was a one off issue and to be fair Audi Assist had it fixed within 3 hours of the incident - new model and all you face a few speed bumps but by Feb 2014 I had had enough.

New models usually have issues despite all the testing in development and pre-production. They are complex machines. It is whether the dealers acknowledge this or use the standard phrase "it's a characteristic of the car". Rarely yes but it's usually a fault.

Good luck!

John.

Reactions: Q5 TRS and Mani_S_Bhogal
John the windscreen issue just felt like they may have impersonated me or something - I just don't know - bizarre set of circumstances. I am still awaiting a response to all of that tbh. Outrageous.

Mani

Wow, what a horrid experience Mani. I really feel for you.

All the best with your claims. You'd expect a premium response from a premium business.

John the windscreen issue just felt like they may have impersonated me or something - I just don't know - bizarre set of circumstances. I am still awaiting a response to all of that tbh. Outrageous.

Mani

I'd keep pressing them for that info and you mentioned your car stunk of cigarettes too.
If you don't smoke that is a really horrible thing as I myself don't smoke and would be devastated if some bastar* was smoking in my car. In fact I don't know exactly how I'd react but it would not be quietly.

I understand their view on betterment which is true but so would an identical car, less the faults.
If it has been a case of malfunctioning and possibly in dangerous scenarios like cutting out in traffic and the seemingly excessive inconveniences you have suffered you should be entitled to something from audi. Especially due to the other cars purchased in the past.

My closest dealer is audi wearside in Sunderland but I prefer to go to newcastle audi as I find the sales people in wearside audi to be pretentious, unhelpful and snobbish. (Based on......oh every single visit over some 10 years)
Whereas newcastle audi are the complete opposite. Couldn't recommend them highly enough.
I will only go to audi wearside for parts as I know the parts guy and I get discount. Receptionists are nice too but that's it.

It's a shame that audi (to my knowledge) don't do mystery shoppers as the level of customer service should be the same in all dealerships or at least have a minimum.

Wearside audi and Newcastle Audi are owned by the same group too. Benfield I think.

Reactions: Mani_S_Bhogal and j0nny2013
That's an incredible list of issues and you have no option to reject. What else is wrong? Even on top of all of the issues with the car, the behaviour of the dealership is shocking.

S3 TRS I know the feeling, my local dealer is about a mile away and has continually sucked whether its sales, service, warranty work or just some anti freeze, never simple, never correct. So I end up travelling 20+ miles out due to good service, though sometimes its a bit adequate!

Keep us updated Mani!

Hi Guys,

Per my discussions yesterday with the Head of Sales at Bexley Audi - this process is still ongoing - apparently should have been resolved in 10 working days but my saga continues!

Will carry on with the updates. I am tempted to sell the S3 as soon as it arrives. Not sure how to put a price on it to be honest. Any suggestions would be great! It is a well specced car and considering what is being sold on the used market for the price my car will stand out like a sore thumb given the delivery miles.

Mani

Why would you be tempted to sell the s3? Am I Missing something?

Edit: I just read back.

Well I think that your experience of the a3 has just been an extremely unfortunate set of circumstances. There's no reason to think that another model would have the same issues being a different car being built at a different time with most likely different revisions of the same parts (well at least some anyway). In fact the chances are slim. Similarly the car being built before or after your a3 in the production line having the same issues.

Last edited:
Hi there guys,

S3 TRS - just a consideration. Might be nice to go and get an even nicer car (TTS maybe but let us not run before we walk just yet!)

Anyways - quite damming an update here. I checked back in my notes and the recording made of the conversation with the Head of Sales at Audi I was told 10 days to resolve on Friday 3rd October 2014. I am yet to have this resolved. I was called in yesterday by the Service department - much to my dismay that my car has been 'fixed' and that they couldn't replicate the fault themselves although the report mentions nothing of the second stop/start issue but simply that an ECU was updated!?!? Just bizarre - even when the Master Tech revived the car with me to bring it back to them in the first place and registered the fault there and then. Bizarre!!!!

After reviewing the conversation from Friday 3rd October 2014 with the Head of Sales - he states clearly that he needs to reject the car to Audi UK. I decided to call Audi Customer Services today to ask what the hold up was in the process of rejection. They stated that Audi UK have nothing to do with the process of rejection and that it is handled between the dealer, VWFS and myself. The representative did state however that she would contact the Head of Business and Sales to ask what the process was and where we were. I also impressed on to her that Audi Assist hadn't been contacted for their reports in fixing my car (I find this shocking given the state of the initial ECU issue I experienced) I am actually concerned that I may be being fobbed off by SG Smith so I will be requesting a case manager at Audi Customer Service to review the entire process to ensure it has all been done correctly per process.

The saga continues.

Mani

Have you contacted citizens advice and whatever body regulates dealerships/manufacturers like an ombudsman for example, trading standards perhaps? The press even??

Whilst I get that the op is annoyed and I would be too. I don't think it is that bad once cutting through the dramatisation of the accounts.

Sure yes an oh **** moment when you loose all assistance. But that stuff can happen unfortunately. And it is a nice reminder of how all cars used to feel.

Ongoing stop start issues which they don't seem to be able to fix is by now a serious issue. For a common car like that you'd have thought they'd have had the software issues sorted by now. Interestingly in our Mercedes GL it is also the area we had issues with and had two software updates applied. Considering it was our replacement for our Prius I did appreciate the irony.

For the rest it sounds like bad dealer communication, a bit of over sensitivity and on the face of it bad sub supplier management. Why did you go through the dealer for a body repair anyway? Surely you'd get a better deal going direct? Something I've done many a time.

And the in order to get rid you'll upgrade in the Audi range to an even more complex car which will cost you more money. That I'm really bemused by.

And btw you've got it financed, how will you sell it immediately?

Very interesting read as i am currently in the process of writing to Audi to reject my S3. The car is currently with BEXLEY Audi and I am in a europa rental car (audi a6) covered by themselves. My car has gone in 3 times (but 4 issues) it to Bexley in the last 6 months.
Firstly, on arrival the car has 20 odd scratches below the rear number plate, the car went back into the body-shop the same week after waiting for the car for 3 months.
Secondly 3 months into ownership i had to call Audi assistant as my coolant level light came on. This was topped up and carried on to use the car as normal.
Thirdly, (2 days on) from the coolant issue the car had the emissions light come in with the car juddering in traffic. The car was recovered to Audi. The car was taken for week only for me to be told that the master tech had checked it cant see a problem only a misfiring so changed spark plugs. I complained to Audi UK and Andy Collins the manager at Bexley who assured me it had been sorted.
Fourthly, last week which was 6 months into ownership the car began juddering again, EPC light came on and engine emissions light came on again. The car was struggling to pull forward. The car was recovered again to Bexley where the car resides. So far i have been told that the aster tech is looking over the car and yet to find the problem. The biggest gimmick is that i was called by Audi to ask what fuel do i out in the S3. Being my 3rd S3 since 2009 i had to chuckle. I am currently in the process to reject the car as with only 7,000 miles covered i have found ownership of an 8V frustrating.
Not my first dreadful experience with Audi. My first Ibis S3 8P facelift bought in 2009 from Beckenham Audi had to go straight back after i pulled out the dealership (after a 3 month wait for a new car) got 10minutes down the road as i got to the junction, put the clutch down and never came back up. At the time I did not know what i was entitled to or my rights but let the car go back for 3 weeks to be repaired. I am not one to complain but this time I think Audi ought to do something

I find the manager there Andy Collins useless. I have also been shoved by Audi UK over to business and the dealership. Will definitely be keeping en eye on this thread and would be great to have a chat with you.

Very interesting read as i am currently in the process of writing to Audi to reject my S3. The car is currently with BEXLEY Audi and I am in a europa rental car (audi a6) covered by themselves. My car has gone in 3 times (but 4 issues) it to Bexley in the last 6 months.
Firstly, on arrival the car has 20 odd scratches below the rear number plate, the car went back into the body-shop the same week after waiting for the car for 3 months.
Secondly 3 months into ownership i had to call Audi assistant as my coolant level light came on. This was topped up and carried on to use the car as normal.
Thirdly, (2 days on) from the coolant issue the car had the emissions light come in with the car juddering in traffic. The car was recovered to Audi. The car was taken for week only for me to be told that the master tech had checked it cant see a problem only a misfiring so changed spark plugs. I complained to Audi UK and Andy Collins the manager at Bexley who assured me it had been sorted.
Fourthly, last week which was 6 months into ownership the car began juddering again, EPC light came on and engine emissions light came on again. The car was struggling to pull forward. The car was recovered again to Bexley where the car resides. So far i have been told that the aster tech is looking over the car and yet to find the problem. The biggest gimmick is that i was called by Audi to ask what fuel do i out in the S3. Being my 3rd S3 since 2009 i had to chuckle. I am currently in the process to reject the car as with only 7,000 miles covered i have found ownership of an 8V frustrating.
Not my first dreadful experience with Audi. My first Ibis S3 8P facelift bought in 2009 from Beckenham Audi had to go straight back after i pulled out the dealership (after a 3 month wait for a new car) got 10minutes down the road as i got to the junction, put the clutch down and never came back up. At the time I did not know what i was entitled to or my rights but let the car go back for 3 weeks to be repaired. I am not one to complain but this time I think Audi ought to do something

I find the manager there Andy Collins useless. I have also been shoved by Audi UK over to business and the dealership. Will definitely be keeping en eye on this thread and would be great to have a chat with you.
Do a search on bexley audi on this forum and see how bad they really are! I live 3 minutes drive away from them but would rather take it to Maidstone Audi to service.

Bexley Audi is a complete shamble, it was better off having the old petrol station there than having them there

Try 4rings Audi as I've only heard good news about them, they are based in Dartford
They have a Facebook page

Reactions: S3LVX
Hi guys,
Just an update on my behalf as well as seeking some advice. As mentioned above I have encountered 4 problems with my s3 within 7 months of ownership. My car is still currently with Bexley Audi a month on.

I wrote to the head of finance at Bexley Audi Sam David as advised by Audi UK. He wrote back to me stating pretty much that, that is what warranty is for. But my argument is that this is a brand new car from a premium manufacturer so this should not occur so frequently and I am paying for an s3 not to be in a courtesy car.
I have been told that should I wish to exchange the vehicle, Bexley will accommodate, however, they expect a contribution towards the exchange due to betterment based on use and mileage to date.
If i wish to formally reject the car I should write to VW finance.

I just wanted advice on what option others would do in this situation and I am being to demanding in this situation?
Its just this is not the first s3 to have problems for me and first time I have complained.
Advice would greatly be appreciated

Reactions: mister.c.
Hi guys,
Just an update on my behalf as well as seeking some advice. As mentioned above I have encountered 4 problems with my s3 within 7 months of ownership. My car is still currently with Bexley Audi a month on.

I wrote to the head of finance at Bexley Audi Sam David as advised by Audi UK. He wrote back to me stating pretty much that, that is what warranty is for. But my argument is that this is a brand new car from a premium manufacturer so this should not occur so frequently and I am paying for an s3 not to be in a courtesy car.
I have been told that should I wish to exchange the vehicle, Bexley will accommodate, however, they expect a contribution towards the exchange due to betterment based on use and mileage to date.
If i wish to formally reject the car I should write to VW finance.

I just wanted advice on what option others would do in this situation and I am being to demanding in this situation?
Its just this is not the first s3 to have problems for me and first time I have complained.
Advice would greatly be appreciated

If you wrote them a cheque that bounced ....they would come after you like vultures!!

Same goes the other way around .....they have charged you a huge amount of cash for a high end car ...its faulty .....they need to sort it!!

I had similar issues with my Citroen DS3 only 1 month after I purchased it. It experienced major engine faults and it took me a lot of pushing and shouting at the dealer and Citroen UK to get some action. You have to make them sit up and listen and let them know who is boss. I even threatened them with going to the local paper and watchdog ....they soon started listening after I said that :eiertritt:

It is a difficult one trying to decide how far to go with it .....I was seriously close to starting the rejection process, but luckily they fixed it and the car has been fine ever since. I can 100% state though that if there had of been any further issues I would have rejected it without flickering an eyelid!!! Especially if it was an Audi ......we pay more....we expect more.

Good luck to all with their Audi issue battles :audibash:

Thanks david. I will definitely keep standing my ground. I think I am either going to see what they offer as a deal in regards to a new car or I might ask if it possible to have a written to statement signed to say if the same issue occurs again, the car will be rejected. Im definitely going to push to see what I can get as I feel I ma being pushed between departments.

If you wrote them a cheque that bounced ....they would come after you like vultures!!

Same goes the other way around .....they have charged you a huge amount of cash for a high end car ...its faulty .....they need to sort it!!

I had similar issues with my Citroen DS3 only 1 month after I purchased it. It experienced major engine faults and it took me a lot of pushing and shouting at the dealer and Citroen UK to get some action. You have to make them sit up and listen and let them know who is boss. I even threatened them with going to the local paper and watchdog ....they soon started listening after I said that :eiertritt:

It is a difficult one trying to decide how far to go with it .....I was seriously close to starting the rejection process, but luckily they fixed it and the car has been fine ever since. I can 100% state though that if there had of been any further issues I would have rejected it without flickering an eyelid!!! Especially if it was an Audi ......we pay more....we expect more.

Good luck to all with their Audi issue battles :audibash:

Reactions: HansW
Shocking!! Simply shocking!! I would be wanting a deal along the lines of a clean break divorce, and then a fresh start with a new car from a different dealership.

Some good stuff in there, few highlights

Case law (Rogers v Parrish 1987) has put a limit of 6 months on the time you can successfully reject a car and obtain a full refund, though lesser refunds, taking account of mileage covered, may be obtained outside that period.

Also

It was held that Clegg could reject the yacht at more than 6 months from date of purchase even though Mr Andersson had offered to make modifications to try to correct the fault. Basically, because the yacht had originally been supplied "of unsatisfactory quality" and this was admitted, Mr Clegg retained the right to reject it. For Clegg v Olle Andersson to apply to other cases, it must be proven that the fault existed on the date of sale and constituted a breach of the original purchase contract.

To escalate this to such a level would not doubt involve legal fees you wont get back if you lose.

Shocking!! Simply shocking!! I would be wanting a deal along the lines of a clean break divorce, and then a fresh start with a new car from a different dealership.
So spoke to the manager today and will be offered a betterment deal in the next 48hours. Depending on the deal they give i will make a decision. Should it not be worth it i think i may reject the car and opt for a different dealer

Just a quick update. I have been offered a new car in april exact same spec but i have to add an additional £2121 and start a new pcp at the current rate i am paying of £433 PCM.
This on face value to me does not seem like a great deal. It makes more financial sense for me to stay in my current car.
Just wanted to gage other thoughts and opinions on this

Thanks

If s3lvx is paying 433 pm and they are offering him a brand new car of the same spec for the same monthly payment when it arrives but the duration of the payments resets I.e 48/60 months then I see this as kind of a fair deal. However due to the buggeration factor I would be expecting either free servicing for a period, extended warranty, factory fitted extras on the car at no cost. As like you have said you have paid for a s3 and effectively not had it. I suppose if they offered me an rs6 loaner whilst your new car was being built I would just go for it. Just sounds like they gave you a Friday night special when Klaus and Fitz got pi**ed on the production line :)

I dont see any sign of an offering in that?!?! I would tell them they need to do better or you will be seeking advice from citizens advice on the sales of goods act