1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi a3 black edition suspension

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by J55RDD, Mar 11, 2013.

1. J55RDD

J55RDD J55RDD

[Mar 11, 2013]
    Hello this is my first post and am new to the forum!

i got the car for my 18th birthday and have now had the car for almost 2 years! And I want to do something with it!

Im sorry about the repost sure loads have people have asked this! but here we go, it is a 2009 a3 black edition 2.0 tdi! I think it already had sports suspension standard as is abit lower than a few none black editions I have seen! I am just after getting some reasonable priced suspension, springs/coilovers but don't want to effect ride comfort too much!

i really want airbag suspension but can't justify spending around 2k on it! But my mate has a ml4 golf which is lowered! Although it handles amazing the ride is really hard! And does my head in!

so basically I'm after opinions on suspension! I want a decent drop with better handling with good ride quality still!

All help and advice will be much apriciated!

thanks jordan

Attached Files:

2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

4. J55RDD

J55RDD J55RDD

[Mar 13, 2013]
    So would you not recommend springs then? What sort of ride quality can I expect fr coilovers?

thanks
  5. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

[Mar 13, 2013]
    Totally depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.

The advantage of coilovers is that they are adjustable and can be set to exactly how you want. A lot of people buy springs then aren't 100% happy with the drop they give when fitted.

If you like things to look exactly how you want, then go coilovers.
  6. Ashley M

Ashley M New Member

[Mar 20, 2013]
    I have just fitted h&r 50mm springs to mine and its sat just right hasnt lost the sline ride quality at all and handles amazing (not that it didnt before)
  7. Tempy

Tempy Member

[Mar 20, 2013]
    Nice looking motor mate. I definitely need to sort out getting my RS4 alloys refurbed in black edition titanium :)