Audi A3 Black Edition Delivery Times 2011

Hi guys I've been lurking around this site for some months now, and thought it was about time I said hello I am also waiting delivery of my very first Audi.
I have ordered an A3 SB BE TDI 140 in Glacier White couldn't afore too many extras so just got folding mirrors,TPM,iPod dock,Bluetooth low, Front and rear parking sensors,cruise control,front rear mats think that's about it, I was given a build week of week 20.
My first question is how long does it normaly take the car to go through the production line and how long on average from build to actually being shipped.
The wait is killing me its like being a kid again so close to Christmas but the weeks are just dragging by lol just want to get some nice pics up ASAP.

Hi guys I've been lurking around this site for some months now, and thought it was about time I said hello I am also waiting delivery of my very first Audi.
I have ordered an A3 SB BE TDI 140 in Glacier White couldn't afore too many extras so just got folding mirrors,TPM,iPod dock,Bluetooth low, Front and rear parking sensors,cruise control,front rear mats think that's about it, I was given a build week of week 20.
My first question is how long does it normaly take the car to go through the production line and how long on average from build to actually being shipped.
The wait is killing me its like being a kid again so close to Christmas but the weeks are just dragging by lol just want to get some nice pics up ASAP.

Hi Odinn. Welcome.
I was confimed build w/c 21st May, expected at dealer w/c 11/06. Possibly delayed slightly by the bank holiday and jubilee. So I'd say 2-3 weeks from build week.

Ordered mine late march 2012. Dealers told me build week 24, 11th June.

1.8 petrol BE. phantom black.
Technology Pack
Comfort Pack
Mobile bluetooth preparation low
Storage Package
Non-smoking package

Hopefully not too much longer after the build week. I cant wait.

Hi Nja. Sounds really quick that. Mine was ordered mid October.

Hi Odinn. Welcome.
I was confimed build w/c 21st May, expected at dealer w/c 11/06. Possibly delayed slightly by the bank holiday and jubilee. So I'd say 2-3 weeks from build week.

Schoey

I had the same build week and had email from dealer saying my car was at Emden last Tuesday so hopefully it is on a boat this weekend if not already in the UK. I'm hoping to get a call next week and pick up the following week. Fingers crossed.

Schoey

I had the same build week and had email from dealer saying my car was at Emden last Tuesday so hopefully it is on a boat this weekend if not already in the UK. I'm hoping to get a call next week and pick up the following week. Fingers crossed.

Hi Marc

Sounds positive. Didnt realise they came via Emden. Im told mine comes into Grimsby. Might even get a call this week then. The dealer said that because of the 8 month wait, they would turn it round as priority 24-48 hours.

Thanks for that.

Hi Marc

Sounds positive. Didnt realise they came via Emden. Im told mine comes into Grimsby. Might even get a call this week then. The dealer said that because of the 8 month wait, they would turn it round as priority 24-48 hours.

Thanks for that.

No problem. Boats from Emden to Grimsby. You can check the ships leaving/arriving Emden/Grimsby here (the Highway vessels) - EMDEN: Port's Details

Just a pity we dont know which one they will be or were on.

Marc

Ordered mine late march 2012. Dealers told me build week 24, 11th June.

1.8 petrol BE. phantom black.
Technology Pack
Comfort Pack
Mobile bluetooth preparation low
Storage Package
Non-smoking package

Hopefully not too much longer after the build week. I cant wait.

WTF ! I ordered mine Mid Feb and ave been told end of July/start of August with virtually the same extras ! There's just no set pattern for these delivery dates !

Hi Marc

Thanks for that.

Stop it the pair of you. As in the words of TOWIE ( shoot my Mrs watches ) I am well JEL !

Hi Igooch

Was that for the build date or for delivery?

Hi Igooch

Was that for the build date or for delivery?

Delivery but still not had a firm date. As it is a company car the first I will hear about it is when it is delivered to my company's offices. Therefore no notification of build dates, boat sailings, dealer inspections etc.

It's a very tedious wait and to top it all my current car has just had a grands worth of work done to it.

Latest update.car now at port. Should be at dealer this time next week.

Good news! I had an email this morning saying car is awaiting transportation and they will contact me with Reg number once transportation is confirmed.

Latest update.car now at port. Should be at dealer this time next week.

Schoey

Don't make me make a trip to Mossley to see yours b 4 I get mine. If you would believe it I have never even sat in a BE or even driven an A3 with the same engine I have ordered. hint hint !

I am really hoping that I get a phone call soon to pick a new car up

Winge winge winge moan moan moan

Regards

Victor Meldrew

Schoey

Don't make me make a trip to Mossley to see yours b 4 I get mine. If you would believe it I have never even sat in a BE or even driven an A3 with the same engine I have ordered. hint hint !

I am really hoping that I get a phone call soon to pick a new car up

Winge winge winge moan moan moan

Regards

Victor Meldrew

Dont mind at all Igooch. Hopefully have it next week. Wont have all your extras on though. Just have to use your imagination for them!!

Might even get a cup of tea out of me!

Not long now guys!

I know how excited you must be feeling, trust me the wait is so worth it. After an hour you will completely forget about how long it took.

Cheers,
Si

Are you picking it up this week Schoey ?

Hope so, spoke to dealer on friday. Awaiting transportation. Turnaround is quick at Bolton, so crossed fingers for the end of the week. Heard anymore on yours? Do you know what dealer it's going through?

not a sausage and still dont know what dealer my fleet manager is dealign with. Probably a broker to be honest.

He said end of July but that is only 5 months from order and people seem to be waiting at least 6 and in some cases 7. Therefore could be looking even later and possibly at a 12 plate registered a week or two before the 62 plates come out.

Just been given a build date of week 36 and estimated delivery late September - from early April order. Scuba Blue Sportback Black Edition with many boxes ticked. Apparently a bit of a hold up due to a shortage of wheels (!)

Did you change you light bulbs ?

Na they are standard - they just look it when the picture is white balanced.

7328194514_50f1e3fa9d_c.jpg

My white one and my dads new one he ordered the day I picked mines up. His took 5 months - mines took 10.

Hope so, spoke to dealer on friday. Awaiting transportation. Turnaround is quick at Bolton, so crossed fingers for the end of the week. Heard anymore on yours? Do you know what dealer it's going through?

Dealer was expecting the car this afternoon, should pick her up on Friday pm. Happy days. :yahoo:

wooo hooo

just had an email from my company saying that my car will be delivered next Thursday. A whole 5 weeks before they said it would be.

So thats a total of 4 months from date of order. Not bad eh. Well done Audi !

Reactions: MARC_S3
wooo hooo

just had an email from my company saying that my car will be delivered next Thursday. A whole 5 weeks before they said it would be.

Great news. Picking mine up on Saturday which was ordered middle of Feb so pretty much the same.

And to put the icing on the cake, my company have increased the amount of money available for cars below 120 co2. I did owe them 680 quid as I was over my budget due to extras that I spec'ed, but they have said I now owe them nothing as they re giving me an extra grand. ! Winner winner chicken dinner !!!!! Just wish I had known as I would have spec'ed a sunroof or something else for around 400 quid more. Damn !

I might just get the RNSe fitted ASAP with the money i had put aside. I also need to get to the stealers before I get it, to get the IPhone 4 cradle for the arm rest.
It's gonna be the longest week of my life to wait until next Friday to collect it ! However gives me chance to clean up the old car before I send it back.

Reactions: A3_Black_Edition
wooo hooo

Great news fella, really pleased for you. Pick mine up tomorrow after 2pm!! Was told it would be Tuesday this morning as they has to order the 'Lex' pack. Told them to stuff that, I'll pick that up in a couple of weeks. Couple of phone calls and job done.

Great news fella, really pleased for you. Pick mine up tomorrow after 2pm!! Was told it would be Tuesday this morning as they has to order the 'Lex' pack. Told them to stuff that, I'll pick that up in a couple of weeks. Couple of phone calls and job done.

What's a LEX pack ? I don't expect a reply tonight Schoey. Your probably spinning round Greenfield all night !!!!!!!

LEX pack = plates / hi viz jacket / extra mats - load of rubbish really. Lex just want their name all over it. Anyway picked it up today, love it. How do I post pics

Just a quick photo on the phone. Crap day so will get some better ones once the weathers better.

car.jpg

Reactions: A3_Black_Edition