Audi a3 battery drained ---traced it down to faulty RhS headlight

Dan21uk

Reaction score
Hi.so basically bought ab audi a3 and decided to make few touches upgrades etc.started with alloys wheels ad coilovers.then i decided to go ahead and get HID kit in,after fitted hid decides to buy myself led sidelights.and neer even noticed that they were not can bus friendly.after few days of instaliation rhs sidelight stoped working.there was no power what so ever.so didnt do much just got a dodgy install diy job got cable from lh to rh sdelight bulbs were connected inseries.then after few weeks my battery went flat(-"after 3 days unused car) i got it jumpstarted and my gf went away to work.started fine afterwork got home and left the car sitting for about 12hours -battery flat!!so i lend a charger and and gave my battery 4hr charge as battery level(charge) wee light were black...afterwards fitted battery and noticed my hazard light iluminated all time.same as my rear mirror light and small wee switch beside light turn switch(like a dash ligh swich) and they were on all time untill nezt day i bk home.took my muktimeter and dis out 1a drainage which led to 0.5 in a minute..and then dropped till 0.42 after five minutes...ive start to go thru my fuses and took RHS light fuse---voila it went to 0.2 as its normal(ecu and memory) so ive half way done thru my trip now to fix my fault.so gona keep updated.tho i will share my expierence

mayve any one has any suggestio s-thank u guys!!

So,i came back home and had few mins spare time,ive unluged my after market HID kit and drainage was the same,sits 0.4 all time,then i took both fuses out and the drainage went down to 0.16
so i noticed my both sidelights work fine BUT only for 2-4seconds,could that cause CAN BUS NON FRIENDLY LED (quad) bulbs? or there is somewhere a fault?what do yous think?any suggestions at all>?

0.4 isnt a massive drainage but a drainage non the less!

car starts ok so far(touch wood)if used daily