Audi A3 AGU not starting

18ta3

Reaction score
Hi all,
Recently bought a 1999 a3 AGU and am having issues with cold starts. Turns over fine but will not start. Have bump started it a couple of times and once it has been running a while can start it off the key but if I leave it overnight it won’t start again. Once it’s running it idles and drives fine. Have changed the coolant temp sensor but no joy. Any ideas? Thanks

Mate have you did a search on the forum cause that rings a bell that aome one else on here had the same problem a couple weeks ago.
Some one will prob come in and help you out but if you wanted to not have to wait try a quick search.
Hope that helps and you get it sorted soon.

Check your fuel pump m8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate yeah had a look on the forum but others seemed to be stalling after they started where this one is running fine just won’t start.. Will check fuel pump and relay today after work cheers

Sounds like the nightmare I had with some damaged wiring... Hope it's something simpler mate.

Have you got it checked for fault codes?

Well I’ve checked the fuel pump and relay fuels coming through fine so it’s not that -.- whereabouts was the damaged wiring mate? Tried my mates scanner on it this morning but it wouldn’t connect for some reason, starting to p*ss me off now, the daily’s playing up too -.-

Same thing with mine too, the K-line wire and the immobilizer wire from the cluster to the ecu were damaged on mine... Would be very surprised if it was the same on yours, especially since mine is LHD...

Could you bump start yours while it was having issues? Yeah probably unlikely mate but I’ll bear it in mind just in case...

rpm sensor .. chuck on obd2 Scantool though to make sure ..