1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 97 Cluster Upgrade from non fis to fis helpp!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dada, Jun 24, 2012.

1. dada

dada New Member

Hi,

I would like to upgrade from normal cluster no. 8l0 919 960 B to a full fis from a 1998 no. 8L0919880 is it possbile what do I need exept from cluster.

Thanks
  2. Danio

Danio AUDI-MANIACS.COM

Wiper stalk with reset button,
    Wires,
    Some pins,
    new 20 pins red socket,
    Vag tach to read immo pin in case if you don't have one from new cluster,
    VCDS for coding keys
    Around 2-3 spare hours
    Couple of beers:)lol
  3. ruffrida

ruffrida Well-Known Member

you have the best man for the job allready on it.

Sorted mine a treat, just got upgrade me washer bottle now, Danio is a top bloke, if you live in NW area then get over to him
  4. @udi A3

@udi A3 Active Member Site Sponsor

Going to bump this, I know Danio is on hols right now, so hopefully this will remind him i need HELP still !

I have successfully fitted some clocks with full display, and the stalks, only to find there is no wiring for the extra 4 wires on the stalk in the cars loom. Im hoping Danio can fix this when he is back! So far have washer jet, lights, and brake lights warning beeps. Also have a plug with the 6 wires, but no plugs spare to fit the dash.
  5. ruffrida

Dont worry bud, Danio will have everything you need for this as he sorted mine out with no problems, he usually has a box full of wires and bits and bobs, he is back tomorrow i think he told me, pm him just in case
  6. Danio

Danio AUDI-MANIACS.COM

I'm backing today evening lads so Avaiable soon.:)

@udi A3 that beeps that is common problem when fitting DIS clocks. Don't worry Will sort it out once I back.

Please just remind me on PM what kind of clock you have pre lift or facelift???
  7. Danio

Danio AUDI-MANIACS.COM

Hope you like it Tom

Any questions just ask:icon_thumright:
  8. @udi A3

Was defo worth the long drive to get done :D

Only thing I dont like is the miles to empty isnt really any good untill about 150 miles left, then its nearly accurate. Is there any reason it would read far too high and go up instead of down? Right now I have done 200 miles from full and it says 550 to go, but infact there is about 300-350 to go.
  9. Danio

Danio AUDI-MANIACS.COM

It must be accurate but will change once you accelerating or going on low idle. Different would be on motorway and a different on city roads.

This is normal. I would go by the board computer when driving miles to empty.
  10. ruffrida

This also works on a average to how hard or slow you drive, i wouldn't trust it 100%, i have had it where it said 60miles to go, booted it from a set of lights and it went to 0 straight away, also had this in other cars.

Learn your fuel tank and your average mpg is best bet !!
  11. Danio

Danio AUDI-MANIACS.COM

It is obvious when you booting but once you change your driving style then it will go up again. This is haw computer calculating this.
  12. @udi A3

Just a follow up, ive covered around 1500 miles now and the MTE is just seriously poor.

When full it says 580-620 miles, sometimes as high as 700. My tank seems to be good for 475-525 milea. At about 100 miles from empty the MTE readout says about 120-180 and thats the most accurate it ever reads. I drive steady pretty much all the time, the trip computer is accurate, the mpg varies from 47-5mpg when i reset it and keep driving, although hits 17 if i boot it.

So i have a feeling something somewhere is not right, and its inconsistant. Yet the fuel guage and trip computer are pretty reliable.

any ideas?
  13. baguln

baguln New Member

hi iv got a a3 8l with 999999 on the milage, just bought a new cluster from ebay (white clocks!!!) with FIS.
    will source stalks etc and have ross tech and vag tacho.
    would realy appreciate a easy step to step guide with any pics diagrams would be great and list of parts needed.
    as im in north herts SGP area i think im a bit far from Danio.

neil
    neilbagulay@live.co.uk
  14. supermanboy

supermanboy New Member

Guys hi.I am Greek geek interested in doing the same project and i have already came in contact with Danio but the poor guy seems to be very busy and i hate bothering him all the time so is there any detailed guide with photos in order to start this project?I have already found a new tacho in a great price from a friend of mine,bought the wiper stalk and have already all the schematic with the pin assignments but still need to knowa few things about the SKC of my already installed tacho according the immo!I am mostly concerned about the adaptation of my new tacho with the engine and immo!Please any help would be grateful!I wish i was close to Danio!I would camp outside his yard!!!hahahaha

My email in case someone can really send a guide is ivasileiad@ote.gr or johnny_vasiliadis@hotmail.com

Thank you guys.
  15. supermanboy

supermanboy New Member

Some help please!A short guide maybe...Danio where are you mate?Please help!
  16. supermanboy

supermanboy New Member

Any news guys?Does anyone know what happened to Danio?Danio mate i am still in the dark in spite of the fact that i have all the necessary tools!
  17. ruffrida

Prob best to PM Danio as i know he is really busy at the moment fella
  18. supermanboy

supermanboy New Member

Guys hi again.It seems Danio is so busy that he can't be of any help.I've managed to adapt the new tacho and everything works fine!I have one issue with the door open symbol!I've managed to seperate all doors except passenger's door!Danio this olne is for you mate!I need to know if there is any modification to be made in order to see the door open function correctly.

To be more specific right now i've managed to make the back doors and driver's side to look fine but when i try to open up the passenger's side it stays on without leaving after the door is closed!I've changed some wiring under the 382 relay(light comfort system relay) and now at least i have 3-doors working fine.

Please any help would be appreciated.
  19. @udi A3

Try slamming the door, i have a dodgy catch like this on mine on driver side