1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi a3 8v

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by nadsi77, Jul 20, 2012.

1. nadsi77

nadsi77 Member

[Jul 20, 2012]
    Does anyone know anything about the sportback there's not much info available,and does anyone else think the area below the heater controls looks odd, like theirs something missing?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. suzannec

suzannec Member

[Jul 20, 2012]
    It isn't going to be release until next year. Some dealers say orders accepted from September but another told me it won't be released for another 18 months!! Apparently Audi usually do this, they see how well the hatch goes first.
  4. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Jul 20, 2012]
    The same happened with the 8P - only the three door was available to start with and it was a year or more before the Sportback showed up.
  5. nadsi77

nadsi77 Member

[Jul 21, 2012]
    It's an audi it's bound to do well with the 8p sportback being more popular than the 3 door i was hoping audi would make it available sooner,i love the 3 door 8v but would like more practicality.
  6. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Jul 22, 2012]
    I seem to be in the minority in preferring the 3-door shape of the 8P. All three of mine have been three doors, although the first one was before the Sportback even existed.

People ask me why. Firstly I think it's a cleaner shape. Secondly I don't have kids and very rarely have anyone in the back, so I prefer to have the larger doors of the 3-door. Makes entry and egress easier and the B-pillar is much further back and out of my peripheral vision. On the occasions I've driven a Sportback, I find it a little claustrophobic actually, with much smaller front doors and the B-pillar too far forward.

Each to their own :)
  7. mfspen

mfspen Member

[Jul 22, 2012]
    I also think that the 3-door A3 looks slightly better than the Sportback, although the SB has much nicer looking rear light clusters. I was always surprised they didn't update the old 3-door with the same lights as the Cabrio.

The A1 on the other hand, looks much better as a 5 door, IMO. It just seems better proportioned.